Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA Gram-positively staining, aerobic, non-motile actinomycete, strain GW 12687(T), that formed rose-pigmented colonies and branched substrate and aerial mycelia was studied in detail for its taxonomic position. On the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity studies, strain GW 12687(T) was grouped into the genus Nonomuraea, being most closely related to Nonomuraea dietziae (97.6 %), Nonomuraea africana (97.1 %), and Nonomuraea kuesteri (97.1 %). The 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity to other species of the genus Nonomuraea was < or =97 %. The chemotaxonomic characterization supported allocation of the strain to the genus Nonomuraea. The major menaquinone was MK-9(H(4)) with minor amounts of MK-9(H(2)), MK-9(H(6)), MK-9(H(0)) and MK-8(H(4)). The polar lipid profile contained the major compound diphosphatidylglycerol, moderate amounts of phosphatidylmonomethylethanolamine, phosphatidylethanolamine, hydroxy-phosphatidylethanolamine, hydroxy-phosphatidylmonomethylethanolamine, and an unknown aminophosphoglycolipid. Phosphatidylinositol mannosides and phosphatidylinositol were also present. The major fatty acids were iso- and anteiso- and 10-methyl-branched fatty acids. The results of physiological and biochemical tests allowed genotypic and phenotypic differentiation of strain GW 12687(T) from closely related species. Thus, GW 12687(T) represents a novel species of the genus Nonomuraea, for which the name Nonomuraea rosea sp. nov. is proposed, with GW 12687(T) (=DSM 45177(T) =CCUG 56107(T)) as the type strain.
CitationNonomuraea rosea sp. nov. 2010, 60 (Pt 5):1118-24 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
AffiliationInstitut für Angewandte Mikrobiologie, Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen, D-35392 Giessen, Germany. email@example.com
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Nonomuraea kuesteri sp. nov.
- Authors: Kämpfer P, Kroppenstedt RM, Grün-Wollny I
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Nonomuraea monospora sp. nov., an actinomycete isolated from cave soil in Thailand, and emended description of the genus Nonomuraea.
- Authors: Nakaew N, Sungthong R, Yokota A, Lumyong S
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Nonomuraea jabiensis sp. nov., isolated from arid soil.
- Authors: Camas M, Sazak A, Spröer C, Klenk HP, Cetin D, Guven K, Sahin N
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Nonomuraea bangladeshensis sp. nov. and Nonomuraea coxensis sp. nov.
- Authors: Ara I, Kudo T, Matsumoto A, Takahashi Y, Omura S
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Nonomuraea syzygii sp. nov., an endophytic actinomycete isolated from the roots of a jambolan plum tree (Syzygium cumini L. Skeels).
- Authors: Rachniyom H, Matsumoto A, Indananda C, Duangmal K, Takahashi Y, Thamchaipenet A
- Issue date: 2015 Apr