Identification of oxylipins with antifungal activity by LC-MS/MS from the supernatant of Pseudomonas 42A2.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn microorganisms hydroxy fatty acids are produced from the biotransformation of unsaturated fatty acids. Such compounds belong to a class of oxylipins which are reported to perform a variety of biological functions such as anti-inflammatory or cytotoxic activity. These compounds have been found in rice and timothy plants after being infected by specific fungus. When grown in submerged culture with linoleic acid, Pseudomonas 42A2 accumulated in the supernatant several hydroxy fatty acids. In this work LC-MS/MS has been used to elucidate the structure of the components form the organic extract: 9-hydroxy-10,12-octadecadienoic acid; 13-hydroxy-9,11-octadecadienoic acid; 7,10-dihydroxy-8E-octadecenoic acid; 9,10,13-trihydroxy-11-octadecenoic acid and 9,12,13-trihydroxy-10-octadecenoic acid. Antimicrobial activity against several pathogenic fungal strains is presented: MIC (microg/mL) Verticillium dhaliae, 32; Macrophonia phaesolina, 32; Arthroderma uncinatum, 32; Trycophyton mentagrophytes, 64.
CitationIdentification of oxylipins with antifungal activity by LC-MS/MS from the supernatant of Pseudomonas 42A2. 2010, 163 (4-5):341-6 Chem. Phys. Lipids
AffiliationLaboratori de Microbiologia, Facultat de Farmàcia, Universitat de Barcelona, Joan XXIII s/n, Barcelona, Spain.
JournalChemistry and physics of lipids
The following license files are associated with this item:
- New bioactive fatty acids.
- Authors: Hou CT
- Issue date: 2008
- Liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometric analysis of 7,10-dihydroxyoctadecenoic acid, its isotopomers, and other 7,10-dihydroxy fatty acids formed by Pseudomonas aeruginosa 42A2.
- Authors: Nilsson T, Martínez E, Manresa A, Oliw EH
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Synthesis and biological activity of hydroxylated derivatives of linoleic acid and conjugated linoleic acids.
- Authors: Li Z, Tran VH, Duke RK, Ng MC, Yang D, Duke CC
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Isolation and identification of antifungal fatty acids from the basidiomycete Gomphus floccosus.
- Authors: Cantrell CL, Case BP, Mena EE, Kniffin TM, Duke SO, Wedge DE
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 9
- Antifungal lipids produced by lactobacilli and their structural identification by normal phase LC/atmospheric pressure photoionization−MS/MS.
- Authors: Black BA, Sun C, Zhao YY, Gänzle MG, Curtis JM
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 5