Structures of the nucleotide-binding domain of the human ABCB6 transporter and its complexes with nucleotides.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe human ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter ABCB6 is involved in haem-precursor transport across the mitochondrial membrane. The crystal structure of its nucleotide-binding domain (NBD) has been determined in the apo form and in complexes with ADP, with ADP and Mg(2+) and with ATP at high resolution. The overall structure is L-shaped and consists of two lobes, consistent with other reported NBD structures. Nucleotide binding is mediated by the highly conserved Tyr599 and the Walker A motif, and induces notable structural changes. Structural comparison with other structurally characterized NBDs and full-length ABC transporters gives the first insight into the possible catalytic mechanism of ABCB6 and the role of the N-terminal helix alpha(1) in full-length ABCB6.
CitationStructures of the nucleotide-binding domain of the human ABCB6 transporter and its complexes with nucleotides. 2010, 66 (Pt 9):979-87 Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr.
AffiliationHelmholtz Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Heteronuclear multidimensional NMR and homology modelling studies of the C-terminal nucleotide-binding domain of the human mitochondrial ABC transporter ABCB6.
- Authors: Kurashima-Ito K, Ikeya T, Senbongi H, Tochio H, Mikawa T, Shibata T, Ito Y
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Purification and characterization of the N-terminal nucleotide binding domain of an ABC drug transporter of Candida albicans: uncommon cysteine 193 of Walker A is critical for ATP hydrolysis.
- Authors: Jha S, Karnani N, Dhar SK, Mukhopadhayay K, Shukla S, Saini P, Mukhopadhayay G, Prasad R
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 16
- Structures of ABCB10, a human ATP-binding cassette transporter in apo- and nucleotide-bound states.
- Authors: Shintre CA, Pike AC, Li Q, Kim JI, Barr AJ, Goubin S, Shrestha L, Yang J, Berridge G, Ross J, Stansfeld PJ, Sansom MS, Edwards AM, Bountra C, Marsden BD, von Delft F, Bullock AN, Gileadi O, Burgess-Brown NA, Carpenter EP
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 11
- Conformational coupling of the nucleotide-binding and the transmembrane domains in ABC transporters.
- Authors: Wen PC, Tajkhorshid E
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 3
- The conserved tyrosine residues 401 and 1044 in ATP sites of human P-glycoprotein are critical for ATP binding and hydrolysis: evidence for a conserved subdomain, the A-loop in the ATP-binding cassette.
- Authors: Kim IW, Peng XH, Sauna ZE, FitzGerald PC, Xia D, Müller M, Nandigama K, Ambudkar SV
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 20