Expression and purification of bioactive soluble murine stem cell factor from recombinant Escherichia coli using thioredoxin as fusion partner.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStem cell factor (SCF) known as the c-kit ligand, plays important roles in spermatogenesis, melanogenesis and early stages of hematopoiesis. As for the latter, SCF is essential for growth and expansion of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. We herein describe the production of recombinant murine SCF from Escherichia coli as soluble thioredoxin-fusion protein. The formation of insoluble and inactive inclusion bodies, usually observed when SCF is expressed in E. coli, was almost entirely prevented. After purification based on membrane adsorber technology, the fusion protein was subsequently cleaved by TEV protease in order to release mature mSCF. Following dialysis and a final purification step, the target protein was isolated in high purity. Bioactivity of mSCF was proven by different tests (MTT analogous assay, long-term proliferation assay) applying a human megakaryocytic cell line. Furthermore, the biological activity of the uncleaved fusion protein was tested as well. We observed a significant activity, even though it was less than the activity displayed by the purified mSCF. In summary, avoiding inclusion body formation we present an efficient production procedure for mSCF, one of the most important stem cell cytokines.
CitationExpression and purification of bioactive soluble murine stem cell factor from recombinant Escherichia coli using thioredoxin as fusion partner. 2011, 152 (1-2):1-8 J. Biotechnol.
AffiliationExcellence Cluster Rebirth, Institute of Technical Chemistry-Life Science, Leibniz University of Hannover, Callinstr.5, 30167 Hannover, Germany.
JournalJournal of biotechnology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Preparation of bioactive soluble human leukemia inhibitory factor from recombinant Escherichia coli using thioredoxin as fusion partner.
- Authors: Tomala M, Lavrentieva A, Moretti P, Rinas U, Kasper C, Stahl F, Schambach A, Warlich E, Martin U, Cantz T, Scheper T
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- [A preliminary study on the expression and biological function of recombinant human SCF-TPO fusion protein].
- Authors: Liu N, Xi YZ, Guo SQ, Sun YY, Yuan ZH, Cui JW, Xi CX, Liang F, Kong FH
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Expression of bioactive soluble human stem cell factor (SCF) from recombinant Escherichia coli by coproduction of thioredoxin and efficient purification using arginine in affinity chromatography.
- Authors: Akuta T, Kikuchi-Ueda T, Imaizumi K, Oshikane H, Nakaki T, Okada Y, Sultana S, Kobayashi K, Kiyokawa N, Ono Y
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Expression and purification of biologically active recombinant quail stem cell factor in E. coli.
- Authors: D'Costa S, Kulik MJ, Petitte JN
- Issue date: 2000
- Expression, refolding, and characterization of recombinant thrombopoietin/stem cell factor fusion protein in Escherichia coli.
- Authors: Zang Y, Zhang X, Jiang X, Li H, Zhu J, Zhang C, Peng W, Qin J
- Issue date: 2007 Mar