Preparation of bioactive soluble human leukemia inhibitory factor from recombinant Escherichia coli using thioredoxin as fusion partner.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLeukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) is a polyfunctional cytokine with numerous regulatory effects in vivo and in vitro. In stem cell cultures it is the essential media supplement for the maintenance of pluripotency of embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells. With regard to large scale cultures of these cells, LIF is needed in high quality and quantity and represents the major cost determining factor (90%) of the culture media. In this report, we describe a novel production and purification process for human LIF (hLIF) from recombinant Escherichia coli cultures. hLIF was cloned into pET32b and expressed as soluble protein in fusion with thioredoxin. After purification based on membrane adsorber technology, the fusion protein was cleaved using TEV protease. Released, soluble hLIF was subsequently purified by cation exchange chromatography and successfully tested for its biological activity using suspension cultures of murine embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells. Our novel protocol for the production of recombinant hLIF is very suitable and effective for the production of poorly soluble proteins through expression in fusion with the solubilizing partner thioredoxin.
CitationPreparation of bioactive soluble human leukemia inhibitory factor from recombinant Escherichia coli using thioredoxin as fusion partner. 2010, 73 (1):51-7 Protein Expr. Purif.
AffiliationInstitute of Technical Chemistry, Leibniz University of Hannover, Callinstr. 5, 30167 Hannover, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- A simple method for production and purification of soluble and biologically active recombinant human leukemia inhibitory factor (hLIF) fusion protein in Escherichia coli.
- Authors: Imsoonthornruksa S, Noisa P, Parnpai R, Ketudat-Cairns M
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 20
- Expression and purification of bioactive soluble murine stem cell factor from recombinant Escherichia coli using thioredoxin as fusion partner.
- Authors: Bals C, Schambach A, Meyer J, Scheper T, Rinas U
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 10
- High-level expression and efficient one-step chromatographic purification of a soluble human leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) in Escherichia coli.
- Authors: Imaizumi K, Nishikawa S, Tarui H, Akuta T
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Soluble expression of human leukemia inhibitory factor with protein disulfide isomerase in Escherichia coli and its simple purification.
- Authors: Song JA, Koo BK, Chong SH, Kim K, Choi DK, Thi Vu TT, Nguyen MT, Jeong B, Ryu HB, Kim I, Jang YJ, Robinson RC, Choe H
- Issue date: 2013
- Rational recombinant XMRV antigen preparation and bead coupling for multiplex serology in a suspension array.
- Authors: Sheikholvaezin A, Blomberg F, Ohrmalm C, Sjösten A, Blomberg J
- Issue date: 2011 Dec