Novel nonviral bioassays for mouse type I and type III interferon.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe used embryo fibroblasts from Mx2-Luc transgenic mice that express Firefly luciferase under control of the interferon (IFN)-regulated mouse Mx2 promoter to develop simple nonviral bioassays for type I and type III IFN. Since type III IFN is acid-labile, Mx2-Luc fibroblasts detected the presence of type I IFN in acid-treated biological samples with high sensitivity and selectivity. For selective detection of type III IFN, we employed embryo fibroblasts from Mx2-Luc mutant mice that lack functional receptors for type I IFN. The sensitivity of this latter assay remained comparatively low, presumably because type III IFN receptors are not abundantly present on fibroblasts. The main advantages of our novel IFN assays are that they are easy to perform, yield fast results, and can be used in laboratories that are not licensed for work with infectious agents. Further, the type I IFN assay has superior sensitivity than commercially available enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay systems.
CitationNovel nonviral bioassays for mouse type I and type III interferon. 2011, 31 (4):345-9 J. Interferon Cytokine Res.
AffiliationDepartment of Virology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany.
JournalJournal of interferon & cytokine research : the official journal of the International Society for Interferon and Cytokine Research
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Species Specificity of Type III Interferon Activity and Development of a Sensitive Luciferase-Based Bioassay for Quantitation of Mouse Interferon-λ.
- Authors: Jacobs S, Wavreil F, Schepens B, Gad HH, Hartmann R, Rocha-Pereira J, Neyts J, Saelens X, Michiels T
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Validation of a HeLa Mx2/Luc reporter cell line for the quantification of human type I interferons.
- Authors: Seo YJ, Kim GH, Kwak HJ, Nam JS, Lee HJ, Suh SK, Baek KM, Sohn YW, Hong SH
- Issue date: 2009
- Biological assays for interferons.
- Authors: Meager A
- Issue date: 2002 Mar 1
- WISH cell line: from the antiviral system to a novel reporter gene assay to test the potency of human IFN-α and IFN-β.
- Authors: Bürgi Mde L, Prieto C, Etcheverrigaray M, Kratje R, Oggero M, Bollati-Fogolín M
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 31
- A new assay system for guinea pig interferon biological activity.
- Authors: Yamamoto T, Jeevan A, Ohishi K, Nojima Y, Umemori K, Yamamoto S, McMurray DN
- Issue date: 2002 Jul