Discontinuous and continuous separation of the monomeric and dimeric forms of human bone morphogenetic protein-2 from renaturation batches.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) is one of the most interesting of the approximately 14 BMPs which belong to the transforming-growth-factor-beta (TGF-beta) superfamily. BMP-2 induces bone formation and thus plays an important role as a pharmaceutical protein. Recently, rhBMP-2 has been produced in form of inactive inclusion bodies in Escherichia coli. After solubilization and renaturation the biologically active dimeric form of rhBMP-2 can be generated. However, inactive monomers of BMP-2 are also formed during the renaturation process which must be separated from the active dimeric BMP-2. The purpose of this paper is to present: (a) results of an experimental study of a chromatographic separation of the monomeric and dimeric forms; and (b) a concept for a continuous counter-current simulated moving bed (SMB) process. The capacity of heparin as stationary phase was estimated for different salt concentrations in the mobile phase. A simulation study of a three-zone SMB process was performed applying a two step salt gradient. The results reveal the potential of the process for the purification of the dimeric BMP-2.
CitationDiscontinuous and continuous separation of the monomeric and dimeric forms of human bone morphogenetic protein-2 from renaturation batches. 2006, 1135 (2):142-50notJ Chromatogr A
AffiliationOtto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg, Institut für Verfahrenstechnik, PO Box 4120, D-39106 Magdeburg, Germany.
JournalJournal of chromatography. A
- Step gradients in 3-zone simulated moving bed chromatography. Application to the purification of antibodies and bone morphogenetic protein-2.
- Authors: Kessler LC, Gueorguieva L, Rinas U, Seidel-Morgenstern A
- Issue date: 2007 Dec 28
- Optimized procedure for renaturation of recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 at high protein concentration.
- Authors: Vallejo LF, Rinas U
- Issue date: 2004 Mar 20
- Expression, purification, and renaturation of bone morphogenetic protein-2 from Escherichia coli.
- Authors: Long S, Truong L, Bennett K, Phillips A, Wong-Staal F, Ma H
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Expression and purification of biologically active rat bone morphogenetic protein-4 produced as inclusion bodies in recombinant Escherichia coli.
- Authors: Klösch B, Fürst W, Kneidinger R, Schuller M, Rupp B, Banerjee A, Redl H
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Expression, purification, and refolding of a recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein 2 in vitro.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Ma Y, Yang M, Min S, Yao J, Zhu L
- Issue date: 2011 Feb