Complete genome sequence of Leadbetterella byssophila type strain (4M15).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Tindall, Brian J
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLeadbetterella byssophila Weon et al. 2005 is the type species of the genus Leadbetterella of the family Cytophagaceae in the phylum Bacteroidetes. Members of the phylum Bacteroidetes are widely distributed in nature, especially in aquatic environments. They are of special interest for their ability to degrade complex biopolymers. L. byssophila occupies a rather isolated position in the tree of life and is characterized by its ability to hydrolyze starch and gelatine, but not agar, cellulose or chitin. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence, and annotation. L. byssophila is already the 16(th) member of the family Cytophagaceae whose genome has been sequenced. The 4,059,653 bp long single replicon genome with its 3,613 protein-coding and 53 RNA genes is part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Leadbetterella byssophila type strain (4M15). 2011, 4 (1):2-12 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Cellulomonas flavigena type strain (134).
- Authors: Abt B, Foster B, Lapidus A, Clum A, Sun H, Pukall R, Lucas S, Glavina Del Rio T, Nolan M, Tice H, Cheng JF, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Ovchinnikova G, Pati A, Goodwin L, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Rohde M, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 29
- Complete genome sequence of Dyadobacter fermentans type strain (NS114).
- Authors: Lang E, Lapidus A, Chertkov O, Brettin T, Detter JC, Han C, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Nolan M, Chen F, Lucas S, Tice H, Cheng JF, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Kopitz M, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Ovchinnikova G, Pati A, Ivanova N, Mavrommatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Chain P, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Göker M, Rohde M, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 24
- Leadbetterella byssophila gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from cotton-waste composts for the cultivation of oyster mushroom.
- Authors: Weon HY, Kim BY, Kwon SW, Park IC, Cha IB, Tindall BJ, Stackebrandt E, Trüper HG, Go SJ
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Complete genome sequence of Chitinophaga pinensis type strain (UQM 2034).
- Authors: Glavina Del Rio T, Abt B, Spring S, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Tice H, Copeland A, Cheng JF, Chen F, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Chain P, Saunders E, Detter JC, Brettin T, Rohde M, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Lucas S
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 28
- Complete genome sequence of the bile-resistant pigment-producing anaerobe Alistipes finegoldii type strain (AHN2437(T)).
- Authors: Mavromatis K, Stackebrandt E, Munk C, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Huntemann M, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Rohde M, Gronow S, Göker M, Detter JC, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Woyke T
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15