Complete genome sequence of the thermophilic sulfur-reducer Hippea maritima type strain (MH(2)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHippea maritima (Miroshnichenko et al. 1999) is the type species of the genus Hippea, which belongs to the family Desulfurellaceae within the class Deltaproteobacteria. The anaerobic, moderately thermophilic marine sulfur-reducer was first isolated from shallow-water hot vents in Matipur Harbor, Papua New Guinea. H. maritima was of interest for genome sequencing because of its isolated phylogenetic location, as a distant next neighbor of the genus Desulfurella. Strain MH(2) (T) is the first type strain from the order Desulfurellales with a completely sequenced genome. The 1,694,430 bp long linear genome with its 1,723 protein-coding and 57 RNA genes consists of one circular chromosome and is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of the thermophilic sulfur-reducer Hippea maritima type strain (MH(2)). 2011, 4 (3):303-11 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Calditerrivibrio nitroreducens type strain (Yu37-1).
- Authors: Pitluck S, Sikorski J, Zeytun A, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Detter JC, Brambilla E, Djao OD, Rohde M, Spring S, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Land M
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 20
- Hippea jasoniae sp. nov. and Hippea alviniae sp. nov., thermoacidophilic members of the class Deltaproteobacteria isolated from deep-sea hydrothermal vent deposits.
- Authors: Flores GE, Hunter RC, Liu Y, Mets A, Schouten S, Reysenbach AL
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Genome Sequence of <i>Desulfurella amilsii</i> Strain TR1 and Comparative Genomics of <i>Desulfurellaceae</i> Family.
- Authors: Florentino AP, Stams AJ, Sánchez-Andrea I
- Issue date: 2017
- Complete genome sequence of the thermophilic sulfur-reducer Desulfurobacterium thermolithotrophum type strain (BSA(T)) from a deep-sea hydrothermal vent.
- Authors: Göker M, Daligault H, Mwirichia R, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Deshpande S, Pagani I, Tapia R, Cheng JF, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Han C, Land M, Hauser L, Pan C, Brambilla EM, Rohde M, Spring S, Sikorski J, Wirth R, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 31
- Hippea maritima gen. nov., sp. nov., a new genus of thermophilic, sulfur-reducing bacterium from submarine hot vents.
- Authors: Miroshnichenko ML, Rainey FA, Rhode M, Bonch-Osmolovskaya EA
- Issue date: 1999 Jul