Cyanoethylation of the glucans dextran and pullulan: Substitution pattern and formation of nanostructures and entrapment of magnetic nanoparticles.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCyanoethylglucans with a degree of substitution in the range of 0.74 to 2.40 for dextran and 0.84 to 2.42 for pullulan were obtained by Michael addition of acrylonitrile to the glucans under various conditions. Products were thoroughly characterized, comprising elementary analysis, NMR and ATR-IR spectroscopy, and analysis of the substituent distribution in the glucosyl units by GC-FID and GC-MS of the constituting monosaccharide derivatives. Nanostructuring of the highly substituted cyanoethylpolysaccharides was performed by dialysis against a non-solvent. In the presence of ferromagnetic iron-oxide nanoparticles, multicore cyanoethylglucan-coated ferromagnetic nanoparticles were formed by selective entrapment. The specific interaction between cyano groups and iron could be proven. The size distribution and morphology of the nanoparticles were analyzed by dynamic light scattering (DLS), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and energy-filtered transmission electron microscopy (EF-TEM) with parallel electron energy loss spectroscopy (PEELS).
CitationCyanoethylation of the glucans dextran and pullulan: Substitution pattern and formation of nanostructures and entrapment of magnetic nanoparticles. 2012, 8:551-66 Beilstein J Org Chem
AffiliationInstitute for Food Chemistry, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Schleinitzstraße 20, D-38106 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Pullulan acetate nanoparticles prepared by solvent diffusion method for epirubicin chemotherapy.
- Authors: Zhang HZ, Gao FP, Liu LR, Li XM, Zhou ZM, Yang XD, Zhang QQ
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 1
- In vitro cytotoxicity studies of hydrogel pullulan nanoparticles prepared by AOT/N-hexane micellar system.
- Authors: Gupta M, Gupta AK
- Issue date: 2004 Feb 13
- Synthesis and characterization of biotin modified cholesteryl pullulan as a novel anticancer drug carrier.
- Authors: Yang W, Wang M, Ma L, Li H, Huang L
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- In-vitro cytotoxicity and cell uptake study of gelatin-coated magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles.
- Authors: Gaihre B, Hee Lee Y, Khil MS, Yi HK, Kim HY
- Issue date: 2011
- Microwave-assisted rapid synthesis, characterization and application of poly (D,L-lactide)-graft-pullulan.
- Authors: Tang XJ, Huang J, Xu LY, Li Y, Song J, Ma Y, Yang L, Yuan D, Wu HY
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 17