Complete genome sequence of Denitrovibrio acetiphilus type strain (N2460).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Glavina Del Rio, Tijana
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDenitrovibrio acetiphilus Myhr and Torsvik 2000 is the type species of the genus Denitrovibrio in the bacterial family Deferribacteraceae. It is of phylogenetic interest because there are only six genera described in the family Deferribacteraceae. D. acetiphilus was isolated as a representative of a population reducing nitrate to ammonia in a laboratory column simulating the conditions in off-shore oil recovery fields. When nitrate was added to this column undesirable hydrogen sulfide production was stopped because the sulfate reducing populations were superseded by these nitrate reducing bacteria. Here we describe the features of this marine, mesophilic, obligately anaerobic organism respiring by nitrate reduction, together with the complete genome sequence, and annotation. This is the second complete genome sequence of the order Deferribacterales and the class Deferribacteres, which is the sole class in the phylum Deferribacteres. The 3,222,077 bp genome with its 3,034 protein-coding and 51 RNA genes is part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Denitrovibrio acetiphilus type strain (N2460). 2010, 2 (3):270-9 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Calditerrivibrio nitroreducens type strain (Yu37-1).
- Authors: Pitluck S, Sikorski J, Zeytun A, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Detter JC, Brambilla E, Djao OD, Rohde M, Spring S, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Land M
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 20
- Denitrovibrio acetiphilus, a novel genus and species of dissimilatory nitrate-reducing bacterium isolated from an oil reservoir model column.
- Authors: Myhr S, Torsvik T
- Issue date: 2000 Jul
- Complete genome sequence of the acetate-degrading sulfate reducer Desulfobacca acetoxidans type strain (ASRB2).
- Authors: Göker M, Teshima H, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Huntemann M, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ovchinikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Brambilla EM, Rohde M, Spring S, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 1
- Complete genome sequence of Desulfomicrobium baculatum type strain (X).
- Authors: Copeland A, Spring S, Göker M, Schneider S, Lapidus A, Del Rio TG, Tice H, Cheng JF, Chen F, Nolan M, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Ivanova N, Mavrommatis K, Ovchinnikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CC, Meincke L, Sims D, Brettin T, Detter JC, Han C, Chain P, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Lucas S
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 20
- Identification of a possible respiratory arsenate reductase in Denitrovibrio acetiphilus, a member of the phylum Deferribacteres.
- Authors: Denton K, Atkinson MM, Borenstein SP, Carlson A, Carroll T, Cullity K, Demarsico C, Ellowitz D, Gialtouridis A, Gore R, Herleikson A, Ling AY, Martin R, McMahan K, Naksukpaiboon P, Seiz A, Yearwood K, O'Neill J, Wiatrowski H
- Issue date: 2013 Sep