Permanent draft genome sequence of Dethiosulfovibrio peptidovorans type strain (SEBR 4207).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Glavina Del Rio, Tijana
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDethiosulfovibrio peptidovorans Magot et al. 1997 is the type species of the genus Dethiosulfovibrio of the family Synergistaceae in the recently created phylum Synergistetes. The strictly anaerobic, vibriod, thiosulfate-reducing bacterium utilizes peptides and amino acids, but neither sugars nor fatty acids. It was isolated from an offshore oil well where it was been reported to be involved in pitting corrosion of mild steel. Initially, this bacterium was described as a distant relative of the genus Thermoanaerobacter, but was not assigned to a genus, it was subsequently placed into the novel phylum Synergistetes. A large number of repeats in the genome sequence prevented an economically justifiable closure of the last gaps. This is only the third published genome from a member of the phylum Synergistetes. The 2,576,359 bp long genome consists of three contigs with 2,458 protein-coding and 59 RNA genes and is part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationPermanent draft genome sequence of Dethiosulfovibrio peptidovorans type strain (SEBR 4207). 2010, 3 (1):85-92 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Dethiosulfovibrio peptidovorans gen. nov., sp. nov., a new anaerobic, slightly halophilic, thiosulfate-reducing bacterium from corroding offshore oil wells.
- Authors: Magot M, Ravot G, Campaignolle X, Ollivier B, Patel BK, Fardeau ML, Thomas P, Crolet JL, Garcia JL
- Issue date: 1997 Jul
- Genome sequence of the moderately thermophilic, amino-acid-degrading and sulfur-reducing bacterium Thermovirga lienii type strain (Cas60314(T)).
- Authors: Göker M, Saunders E, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Han C, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Mavromatis K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Brambilla EM, Rohde M, Spring S, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2012 May 25
- Draft genome sequence of Dethiosulfovibrio salsuginis DSM 21565(T) an anaerobic, slightly halophilic bacterium isolated from a Colombian saline spring.
- Authors: Díaz-Cárdenas C, López G, Alzate-Ocampo JD, González LN, Shapiro N, Woyke T, Kyrpides NC, Restrepo S, Baena S
- Issue date: 2017
- Complete genome sequence of the moderate thermophile Anaerobaculum mobile type strain (NGA(T)).
- Authors: Mavromatis K, Stackebrandt E, Held B, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Huntemann M, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Rohde M, Spring S, Göker M, Woyke T, Detter JC, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15
- Complete genome sequence of Spirochaeta smaragdinae type strain (SEBR 4228).
- Authors: Mavromatis K, Yasawong M, Chertkov O, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Nolan M, Del Rio TG, Tice H, Cheng JF, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Tapia R, Han C, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Detter JC, Rohde M, Brambilla E, Spring S, Göker M, Sikorski J, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 18