Complete genome sequence of Tolumonas auensis type strain (TA 4).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Berry, Kerrie W
Detter, John C
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Kyrpides, Nikos C
Beller, Harry R
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTolumonas auensis Fischer-Romero et al. 1996 is currently the only validly named species of the genus Tolumonas in the family Aeromonadaceae. The strain is of interest because of its ability to produce toluene from phenylalanine and other phenyl precursors, as well as phenol from tyrosine. This is of interest because toluene is normally considered to be a tracer of anthropogenic pollution in lakes, but T. auensis represents a biogenic source of toluene. Other than Aeromonas hydrophila subsp. hydrophila, T. auensis strain TA 4(T) is the only other member in the family Aeromonadaceae with a completely sequenced type-strain genome. The 3,471,292 bp chromosome with a total of 3,288 protein-coding and 116 RNA genes was sequenced as part of the DOE Joint Genome Institute Program JBEI 2008.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Tolumonas auensis type strain (TA 4). 2011, 5 (1):112-20 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Tolumonas osonensis sp. nov., isolated from anoxic freshwater sediment, and emended description of the genus Tolumonas.
- Authors: Caldwell ME, Allen TD, Lawson PA, Tanner RS
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Tolumonas auensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a toluene-producing bacterium from anoxic sediments of a freshwater lake.
- Authors: Fischer-Romero C, Tindall BJ, Jüttner F
- Issue date: 1996 Jan
- Complete genome sequence of the halophilic and highly halotolerant Chromohalobacter salexigens type strain (1H11(T)).
- Authors: Copeland A, O'Connor K, Lucas S, Lapidus A, Berry KW, Detter JC, Del Rio TG, Hammon N, Dalin E, Tice H, Pitluck S, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Han C, Tapia R, Saunders E, Schmutz J, Brettin T, Larimer F, Land M, Hauser L, Vargas C, Nieto JJ, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova N, Göker M, Klenk HP, Csonka LN, Woyke T
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 31
- Complete genome sequence of Polynucleobacter necessarius subsp. asymbioticus type strain (QLW-P1DMWA-1(T)).
- Authors: Meincke L, Copeland A, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Berry KW, Del Rio TG, Hammon N, Dalin E, Tice H, Pitluck S, Richardson P, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Han C, Tapia R, Detter JC, Schmutz J, Brettin T, Larimer F, Land M, Hauser L, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova N, Göker M, Woyke T, Wu QL, Pöckl M, Hahn MW, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 19
- Complete genome sequence of Rhodospirillum rubrum type strain (S1).
- Authors: Munk AC, Copeland A, Lucas S, Lapidus A, Del Rio TG, Barry K, Detter JC, Hammon N, Israni S, Pitluck S, Brettin T, Bruce D, Han C, Tapia R, Gilna P, Schmutz J, Larimer F, Land M, Kyrpides NC, Mavromatis K, Richardson P, Rohde M, Göker M, Klenk HP, Zhang Y, Roberts GP, Reslewic S, Schwartz DC
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 1