Complete genome sequence of the thermophilic, hydrogen-oxidizing Bacillus tusciae type strain (T2) and reclassification in the new genus, Kyrpidia gen. nov. as Kyrpidia tusciae comb. nov. and emendation of the family Alicyclobacillaceae da Costa and Rainey, 2010.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBacillus tusciae Bonjour & Aragno 1994 is a hydrogen-oxidizing, thermoacidophilic spore former that lives as a facultative chemolithoautotroph in solfataras. Although 16S rRNA gene sequencing was well established at the time of the initial description of the organism, 16S sequence data were not available and the strain was placed into the genus Bacillus based on limited chemotaxonomic information. Despite the now obvious misplacement of strain T2 as a member of the genus Bacillus in 16S rRNA-based phylogenetic trees, the misclassification remained uncorrected for many years, which was likely due to the extremely difficult, analysis-hampering cultivation conditions and poor growth rate of the strain. Here we provide a taxonomic re-evaluation of strain T2T (= DSM 2912 = NBRC 15312) and propose its reclassification as the type strain of a new species, Kyrpidia tusciae, and the type species of the new genus Kyrpidia, which is a sister-group of Alicyclobacillus. The family Alicyclobacillaceae da Costa and Rainey, 2010 is emended. The 3,384,766 bp genome with its 3,323 protein-coding and 78 RNA genes is part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of the thermophilic, hydrogen-oxidizing Bacillus tusciae type strain (T2) and reclassification in the new genus, Kyrpidia gen. nov. as Kyrpidia tusciae comb. nov. and emendation of the family Alicyclobacillaceae da Costa and Rainey, 2010. 2011, 5 (1):121-34 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Kyrpidia spormannii sp. nov., a thermophilic, hydrogen-oxidizing, facultative autotroph, isolated from hydrothermal systems at São Miguel Island, and emended description of the genus Kyrpidia.
- Authors: Reiner JE, Jung T, Lapp CJ, Siedler M, Bunk B, Overmann J, Gescher J
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Description of Rummeliibacillus stabekisii gen. nov., sp. nov. and reclassification of Bacillus pycnus Nakamura et al. 2002 as Rummeliibacillus pycnus comb. nov.
- Authors: Vaishampayan P, Miyashita M, Ohnishi A, Satomi M, Rooney A, La Duc MT, Venkateswaran K
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Proposal to reclassify Brenneria quercina (Hildebrand and Schroth 1967) Hauben et al. 1999 into a new genus, Lonsdalea gen. nov., as Lonsdalea quercina comb. nov., descriptions of Lonsdalea quercina subsp. quercina comb. nov., Lonsdalea quercina subsp. iberica subsp. nov. and Lonsdalea quercina subsp. britannica subsp. nov., emendation of the description of the genus Brenneria, reclassification of Dickeya dieffenbachiae as Dickeya dadantii subsp. dieffenbachiae comb. nov., and emendation of the description of Dickeya dadantii.
- Authors: Brady CL, Cleenwerck I, Denman S, Venter SN, Rodríguez-Palenzuela P, Coutinho TA, De Vos P
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Genome sequence of the thermophilic fresh-water bacterium Spirochaeta caldaria type strain (H1(T)), reclassification of Spirochaeta caldaria, Spirochaeta stenostrepta, and Spirochaeta zuelzerae in the genus Treponema as Treponema caldaria comb. nov., Treponema stenostrepta comb. nov., and Treponema zuelzerae comb. nov., and emendation of the genus Treponema.
- Authors: Abt B, Göker M, Scheuner C, Han C, Lu M, Misra M, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Huntemann M, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Jeffries CD, Rohde M, Spring S, Gronow S, Detter JC, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15
- Description of Gemmobacter fontiphilus sp. nov., isolated from a freshwater spring, reclassification of Catellibacterium nectariphilum as Gemmobacter nectariphilus comb. nov., Catellibacterium changlense as Gemmobacter changlensis comb. nov., Catellibacterium aquatile as Gemmobacter aquaticus nom. nov., Catellibacterium caeni as Gemmobacter caeni comb. nov., Catellibacterium nanjingense as Gemmobacter nanjingensis comb. nov., and emended description of the genus Gemmobacter and of Gemmobacter aquatilis.
- Authors: Chen WM, Cho NT, Huang WC, Young CC, Sheu SY
- Issue date: 2013 Feb