Non-contiguous finished genome sequence and contextual data of the filamentous soil bacterium Ktedonobacter racemifer type strain (SOSP1-21).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractKtedonobacter racemifer corrig. Cavaletti et al. 2007 is the type species of the genus Ktedonobacter, which in turn is the type genus of the family Ktedonobacteraceae, the type family of the order Ktedonobacterales within the class Ktedonobacteria in the phylum 'Chloroflexi'. Although K. racemifer shares some morphological features with the actinobacteria, it is of special interest because it was the first cultivated representative of a deep branching unclassified lineage of otherwise uncultivated environmental phylotypes tentatively located within the phylum 'Chloroflexi'. The aerobic, filamentous, non-motile, spore-forming Gram-positive heterotroph was isolated from soil in Italy. The 13,661,586 bp long non-contiguous finished genome consists of ten contigs and is the first reported genome sequence from a member of the class Ktedonobacteria. With its 11,453 protein-coding and 87 RNA genes, it is the largest prokaryotic genome reported so far. It comprises a large number of over-represented COGs, particularly genes associated with transposons, causing the genetic redundancy within the genome being considerably larger than expected by chance. This work is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationNon-contiguous finished genome sequence and contextual data of the filamentous soil bacterium Ktedonobacter racemifer type strain (SOSP1-21). 2011, 5 (1):97-111 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Thermosporothrix hazakensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from compost, description of Thermosporotrichaceae fam. nov. within the class Ktedonobacteria Cavaletti et al. 2007 and emended description of the class Ktedonobacteria.
- Authors: Yabe S, Aiba Y, Sakai Y, Hazaka M, Yokota A
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Complete genome sequence of 'Thermobaculum terrenum' type strain (YNP1).
- Authors: Kiss H, Cleland D, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Del Rio TG, Nolan M, Tice H, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Ovchinnikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Lu M, Brettin T, Detter JC, Göker M, Tindall BJ, Beck B, McDermott TR, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Cheng JF
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 27
- Dictyobacter aurantiacus gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Ktedonobacteraceae, isolated from soil, and emended description of the genus Thermosporothrix.
- Authors: Yabe S, Sakai Y, Abe K, Yokota A, Také A, Matsumoto A, Sugiharto A, Susilowati D, Hamada M, Nara K, Made Sudiana I, Otsuka S
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Complete genome sequence of Rhodothermus marinus type strain (R-10).
- Authors: Nolan M, Tindall BJ, Pomrenke H, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Cheng JF, Saunders E, Han C, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Chain P, Pitluck S, Ovchinikova G, Pati A, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Brettin T, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Detter JC
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 29
- New lineage of filamentous, spore-forming, gram-positive bacteria from soil.
- Authors: Cavaletti L, Monciardini P, Bamonte R, Schumann P, Rohde M, Sosio M, Donadio S
- Issue date: 2006 Jun