Complete genome sequence of the gliding freshwater bacterium Fluviicola taffensis type strain (RW262).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Tindall, Brian J
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFluviicola taffensis O'Sullivan et al. 2005 belongs to the monotypic genus Fluviicola within the family Cryomorphaceae. The species is of interest because of its isolated phylogenetic location in the genome-sequenced fraction of the tree of life. Strain RW262(T) forms a monophyletic lineage with uncultivated bacteria represented in freshwater 16S rRNA gene libraries. A similar phylogenetic differentiation occurs between freshwater and marine bacteria in the family Flavobacteriaceae, a sister family to Cryomorphaceae. Most remarkable is the inability of this freshwater bacterium to grow in the presence of Na(+) ions. All other genera in the family Cryomorphaceae are from marine habitats and have an absolute requirement for Na(+) ions or natural sea water. F. taffensis is the first member of the family Cryomorphaceae with a completely sequenced and publicly available genome. The 4,633,577 bp long genome with its 4,082 protein-coding and 49 RNA genes is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of the gliding freshwater bacterium Fluviicola taffensis type strain (RW262). 2011, 5 (1):21-9 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Fluviicola taffensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel freshwater bacterium of the family Cryomorphaceae in the phylum 'Bacteroidetes'.
- Authors: O'Sullivan LA, Rinna J, Humphreys G, Weightman AJ, Fry JC
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Fluviicola chungangensis sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from rice field.
- Authors: Akter S, Huq MA
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Wandonia haliotis gen. nov., sp. nov., a marine bacterium of the family Cryomorphaceae, phylum Bacteroidetes.
- Authors: Lee DH, Choi EK, Moon SR, Ahn S, Lee YS, Jung JS, Jeon CO, Whang KS, Kahng HY
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Complete genome sequence of the gliding, heparinolytic Pedobacter saltans type strain (113).
- Authors: Liolios K, Sikorski J, Lu M, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Huntemann M, Ivanova N, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ovchinikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Brambilla EM, Kotsyurbenko O, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Abt B, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 15
- Complete genome sequence of Cellulophaga lytica type strain (LIM-21).
- Authors: Pati A, Abt B, Teshima H, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ovchinikova G, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Jeffries CD, Detter JC, Brambilla EM, Kannan KP, Rohde M, Spring S, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Ivanova N
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 29