The metabolic response of P. putida KT2442 producing high levels of polyhydroxyalkanoate under single- and multiple-nutrient-limited growth: highlights from a multi-level omics approach.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Escapa, Isabel F
Lam, Carolyn Ming Chi
Prieto, María Auxiliadora
Martins dos Santos, Vítor A P
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPseudomonas putida KT2442 is a natural producer of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs), which can substitute petroleum-based non-renewable plastics and form the basis for the production of tailor-made biopolymers. However, despite the substantial body of work on PHA production by P. putida strains, it is not yet clear how the bacterium re-arranges its whole metabolism when it senses the limitation of nitrogen and the excess of fatty acids as carbon source, to result in a large accumulation of PHAs within the cell. In the present study we investigated the metabolic response of KT2442 using a systems biology approach to highlight the differences between single- and multiple-nutrient-limited growth in chemostat cultures.
CitationThe metabolic response of P. putida KT2442 producing high levels of polyhydroxyalkanoate under single- and multiple-nutrient-limited growth: highlights from a multi-level omics approach. 2012, 11:34 Microb. Cell Fact.
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI), Braunschweig, Germany. email@example.com
JournalMicrobial cell factories
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Integrated analysis of gene expression and metabolic fluxes in PHA-producing Pseudomonas putida grown on glycerol.
- Authors: Beckers V, Poblete-Castro I, Tomasch J, Wittmann C
- Issue date: 2016 May 3
- A reduction in growth rate of Pseudomonas putida KT2442 counteracts productivity advances in medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoate production from gluconate.
- Authors: Follonier S, Panke S, Zinn M
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 22
- Proteomic Response of <i>Pseudomonas putida</i> KT2440 to Dual Carbon-Phosphorus Limitation during mcl-PHAs Synthesis.
- Authors: Możejko-Ciesielska J, Serafim LS
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 28
- The turnover of medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates in Pseudomonas putida KT2442 and the fundamental role of PhaZ depolymerase for the metabolic balance.
- Authors: de Eugenio LI, Escapa IF, Morales V, Dinjaski N, Galán B, García JL, Prieto MA
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Transcriptome Changes in <i>Pseudomonas putida</i> KT2440 during Medium-Chain-Length Polyhydroxyalkanoate Synthesis Induced by Nitrogen Limitation.
- Authors: Dabrowska D, Mozejko-Ciesielska J, Pokój T, Ciesielski S
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 25