Sphingomonas fennica sp. nov. and Sphingomonas haloaromaticamans sp. nov., outliers of the genus Sphingomonas.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Macedo, Alexandre J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBacterial isolates obtained from polychlorophenol-contaminated sites in Finland (strain K101(T)) and from a Dutch drinking water well (strain A175(T)) were characterized taxonomically. 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis, determination of DNA G+C content, physiological characterization, estimation of the ubiquinone and polar lipid patterns and fatty acid content revealed that strains K101(T) and A175(T) were similar to Sphingomonas wittichii RW1(T) but also showed pronounced differences. The DNA G+C contents of the two novel strains were 63.6 and 66.1 mol%, respectively. On the basis of these results, two novel species of the genus Sphingomonas are described, for which the names Sphingomonas haloaromaticamans sp. nov. [type strain A175(T) (=DSM 13477(T)=CCUG 53463(T))] and Sphingomonas fennica sp. nov. [type strain K101(T) (=DSM 13665(T)=CCUG 53462(T))] are proposed.
CitationSphingomonas fennica sp. nov. and Sphingomonas haloaromaticamans sp. nov., outliers of the genus Sphingomonas. 2007, 57 (Pt 8):1740-6 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
AffiliationBereich Mikrobiologie, Helmholtz Zentrum für Infektionsforschung (formerly GBF), D-38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Sphingomonas formosensis sp. nov., a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-degrading bacterium isolated from agricultural soil.
- Authors: Lin SY, Shen FT, Lai WA, Zhu ZL, Chen WM, Chou JH, Lin ZY, Young CC
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Sphingomonas oleivorans sp. nov., isolated from oil-contaminated soil.
- Authors: Chen L, Chen WF, Xu ZL, Li W, Zhang XY, Li WJ, Wang L
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Sphingomonas aurantiaca sp. nov., Sphingomonas aerolata sp. nov. and Sphingomonas faeni sp. nov., air- and dustborne and Antarctic, orange-pigmented, psychrotolerant bacteria, and emended description of the genus Sphingomonas.
- Authors: Busse HJ, Denner EBM, Buczolits S, Salkinoja-Salonen M, Bennasar A, Kämpfer P
- Issue date: 2003 Sep
- Sphingomonas pseudosanguinis sp. nov., isolated from the water reservoir of an air humidifier.
- Authors: Kämpfer P, Meurer U, Esser M, Hirsch T, Busse HJ
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Sphingomonas chloroacetimidivorans sp. nov., a chloroacetamide herbicide-degrading bacterium isolated from activated sludge.
- Authors: Chen K, Chen Q, Wang GX, Ni HY, He J, Yan X, Gu JG, Li SP
- Issue date: 2015 Sep