Genome sequence of the ocean sediment bacterium Saccharomonospora marina type strain (XMU15(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Goodwin, Lynne A
Detter, John C
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSaccharomonospora marina Liu et al. 2010 is a member of the genus Saccharomonospora, in the family Pseudonocardiaceae that is poorly characterized at the genome level thus far. Members of the genus Saccharomonospora are of interest because they originate from diverse habitats, such as leaf litter, manure, compost, surface of peat, moist, over-heated grain, and ocean sediment, where they might play a role in the primary degradation of plant material by attacking hemicellulose. Organisms belonging to the genus are usually Gram-positive staining, non-acid fast, and classify among the actinomycetes. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence (permanent draft status), and annotation. The 5,965,593 bp long chromosome with its 5,727 protein-coding and 57 RNA genes was sequenced as part of the DOE funded Community Sequencing Program (CSP) 2010 at the Joint Genome Institute (JGI).
CitationGenome sequence of the ocean sediment bacterium Saccharomonospora marina type strain (XMU15(T)). 2012, 6 (2):265-75 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genome sequence of the chemoheterotrophic soil bacterium Saccharomonospora cyanea type strain (NA-134(T)).
- Authors: Meier-Kolthoff JP, Lu M, Huntemann M, Lucas S, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Pitluck S, Goodwin LA, Han C, Tapia R, Pötter G, Land M, Ivanova N, Rohde M, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Genome sequence of the soil bacterium Saccharomonospora azurea type strain (NA-128(T)).
- Authors: Klenk HP, Held B, Lucas S, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Hammon N, Pitluck S, Goodwin LA, Han C, Tapia R, Brambilla EM, Pötter G, Land M, Ivanova N, Rohde M, Göker M, Detter JC, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T
- Issue date: 2012 May 25
- Complete genome sequence of Saccharomonospora viridis type strain (P101).
- Authors: Pati A, Sikorski J, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Pitluck S, Cheng JF, Chertkov O, Brettin T, Han C, Detter JC, Kuske C, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Chain P, D'haeseleer P, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 24
- Complete genome sequence of Hirschia baltica type strain (IFAM 1418(T)).
- Authors: Chertkov O, Brown PJ, Kysela DT, de Pedro MA, Lucas S, Copeland A, Lapidus A, Del Rio TG, Tice H, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Detter JC, Han C, Larimer F, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Land M, Hauser L, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova N, Ovchinnikova G, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Klenk HP, Brun YV
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 31
- High-quality-draft genome sequence of the yellow-pigmented flavobacterium Joostella marina type strain (En5(T)).
- Authors: Stackebrandt E, Chertkov O, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Han C, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Bruce D, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Mavromatis K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Huntemann M, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Woyke T, Detter JC, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15