Genome sequence of the soil bacterium Saccharomonospora azurea type strain (NA-128(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Goodwin, Lynne A
Detter, John C
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSaccharomonospora azurea Runmao et al. 1987 is a member of the genus Saccharomonospora, which is in the family Pseudonocardiaceae and thus far poorly characterized genomically. Members of the genus Saccharomonospora are of interest because they originate from diverse habitats, such as leaf litter, manure, compost, the surface of peat, and moist and over-heated grain, and may play a role in the primary degradation of plant material by attacking hemicellulose. Next to S. viridis, S. azurea is only the second member in the genus Saccharomonospora for which a completely sequenced type strain genome will be published. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence with project status 'Improved high quality draft', and the annotation. The 4,763,832 bp long chromosome with its 4,472 protein-coding and 58 RNA genes was sequenced as part of the DOE funded Community Sequencing Program (CSP) 2010 at the Joint Genome Institute (JGI).
CitationGenome sequence of the soil bacterium Saccharomonospora azurea type strain (NA-128(T)). 2012, 6 (2):220-9 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genome sequence of the chemoheterotrophic soil bacterium Saccharomonospora cyanea type strain (NA-134(T)).
- Authors: Meier-Kolthoff JP, Lu M, Huntemann M, Lucas S, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Pitluck S, Goodwin LA, Han C, Tapia R, Pötter G, Land M, Ivanova N, Rohde M, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Genome sequence of the ocean sediment bacterium Saccharomonospora marina type strain (XMU15(T)).
- Authors: Klenk HP, Lu M, Lucas S, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Pitluck S, Goodwin LA, Han C, Tapia R, Brambilla EM, Pötter G, Land M, Ivanova N, Rohde M, Göker M, Detter JC, Li WJ, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T
- Issue date: 2012 May 25
- Complete genome sequence of Saccharomonospora viridis type strain (P101).
- Authors: Pati A, Sikorski J, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Pitluck S, Cheng JF, Chertkov O, Brettin T, Han C, Detter JC, Kuske C, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Chain P, D'haeseleer P, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 24
- Genome sequence of the flexirubin-pigmented soil bacterium Niabella soli type strain (JS13-8(T)).
- Authors: Anderson I, Munk C, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Tice H, Del Rio TG, Cheng JF, Han C, Tapia R, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Mavromatis K, Pagani I, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Ivanova N
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 19
- Complete genome sequence of Hirschia baltica type strain (IFAM 1418(T)).
- Authors: Chertkov O, Brown PJ, Kysela DT, de Pedro MA, Lucas S, Copeland A, Lapidus A, Del Rio TG, Tice H, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Detter JC, Han C, Larimer F, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Land M, Hauser L, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova N, Ovchinnikova G, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Klenk HP, Brun YV
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 31