Complete genome sequence of Halopiger xanaduensis type strain (SH-6(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Tindall, Brian J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHalopiger xanaduensis is the type species of the genus Halopiger and belongs to the euryarchaeal family Halobacteriaceae. H. xanaduensis strain SH-6, which is designated as the type strain, was isolated from the sediment of a salt lake in Inner Mongolia, Lake Shangmatala. Like other members of the family Halobacteriaceae, it is an extreme halophile requiring at least 2.5 M salt for growth. We report here the sequencing and annotation of the 4,355,268 bp genome, which includes one chromosome and three plasmids. This genome is part of a Joint Genome Institute (JGI) Community Sequencing Program (CSP) project to sequence diverse haloarchaeal genomes.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Halopiger xanaduensis type strain (SH-6(T)). 2012, 6 (1):31-42 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Haloterrigena turkmenica type strain (4k).
- Authors: Saunders E, Tindall BJ, Fähnrich R, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Del Rio TG, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Cheng JF, Han C, Detter JC, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Chain P, Pitluck S, Pati A, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Brettin T, Rohde M, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 28
- Draft genome sequence of Halopiger salifodinae KCY07-B2(T), an extremly halophilic archaeon isolated from a salt mine.
- Authors: Zhang WY, Hu J, Pan J, Sun C, Wu M, Xu XW
- Issue date: 2015
- Non-contiguous finished genome sequence and description of Halopiger goleamassiliensis sp. nov.
- Authors: Ikram HI, Catherine R, Caroline M, Didier R, Hocine H, Christelle D
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 15
- Non-contiguous finished genome sequence and description of Halopiger djelfamassiliensis sp. nov.
- Authors: Hassani II, Robert C, Michelle C, Raoult D, Hacène H, Desnues C
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Complete genome sequence of Halorhabdus utahensis type strain (AX-2).
- Authors: Anderson I, Tindall BJ, Pomrenke H, Göker M, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Chen F, Tice H, Cheng JF, Lucas S, Chertkov O, Bruce D, Brettin T, Detter JC, Han C, Goodwin L, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Pitluck S, Pati A, Mavromatis K, Ivanova N, Ovchinnikova G, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Chain P, Rohde M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 22