Complete genome sequence of the sulfate-reducing firmicute Desulfotomaculum ruminis type strain (DL(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Goodwin, Lynne A
Detter, John C
Kyrpides, Nikos C
Schaap, Peter J
Plugge, Caroline M
Pereira, Inês A C
Parshina, Sofiya N
Stams, Alfons J M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDesulfotomaculum ruminis Campbell and Postgate 1965 is a member of the large genus Desulfotomaculum which contains 30 species and is contained in the family Peptococcaceae. This species is of interest because it represents one of the few sulfate-reducing bacteria that have been isolated from the rumen. Here we describe the features of D. ruminis together with the complete genome sequence and annotation. The 3,969,014 bp long chromosome with a total of 3,901 protein-coding and 85 RNA genes is the second completed genome sequence of a type strain of the genus Desulfotomaculum to be published, and was sequenced as part of the DOE Joint Genome Institute Community Sequencing Program 2009.
CitationComplete genome sequence of the sulfate-reducing firmicute Desulfotomaculum ruminis type strain (DL(T)). 2012, 7 (2):304-19 Stand Genomic Sci
AffiliationLeibniz Institute DSMZ - German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Desulfotomaculum acetoxidans type strain (5575).
- Authors: Spring S, Lapidus A, Schröder M, Gleim D, Sims D, Meincke L, Glavina Del Rio T, Tice H, Copeland A, Cheng JF, Lucas S, Chen F, Nolan M, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Chain P, Saunders E, Brettin T, Detter JC, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Han C
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 22
- Genome analysis of Desulfotomaculum gibsoniae strain Groll(T) a highly versatile Gram-positive sulfate-reducing bacterium.
- Authors: Kuever J, Visser M, Loeffler C, Boll M, Worm P, Sousa DZ, Plugge CM, Schaap PJ, Muyzer G, Pereira IA, Parshina SN, Goodwin LA, Kyrpides NC, Detter J, Woyke T, Chain P, Davenport KW, Rohde M, Spring S, Klenk HP, Stams AJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 15
- Complete genome sequence of Syntrophobotulus glycolicus type strain (FlGlyR).
- Authors: Han C, Mwirichia R, Chertkov O, Held B, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Huntemann M, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ovchinikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Brambilla EM, Rohde M, Spring S, Sikorski J, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Detter JC
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 1
- Genome analysis of Desulfotomaculum kuznetsovii strain 17(T) reveals a physiological similarity with Pelotomaculum thermopropionicum strain SI(T).
- Authors: Visser M, Worm P, Muyzer G, Pereira IA, Schaap PJ, Plugge CM, Kuever J, Parshina SN, Nazina TN, Ivanova AE, Bernier-Latmani R, Goodwin LA, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Chain P, Davenport KW, Spring S, Klenk HP, Stams AJ
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15
- Complete genome sequence of the moderately thermophilic mineral-sulfide-oxidizing firmicute Sulfobacillus acidophilus type strain (NAL(T)).
- Authors: Anderson I, Chertkov O, Chen A, Saunders E, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Han C, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Pan C, Rohde M, Pukall R, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Mavromatis K
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 30