Mixotrophic growth of bacteriochlorophyll a-containing members of the OM60/NOR5 clade of marine gammaproteobacteria is carbon-starvation independent and correlates with the type of carbon source and oxygen availability.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPopulations of aerobic anoxygenic photoheterotrophic bacteria in marine environments are dominated by members of the Roseobacter lineage within the Alphaproteobacteria and the OM60/NOR5 clade of gammaproteobacteria. A wealth of information exists about the regulation of pigment production and mixotrophic growth in various members of the Roseobacter clade, but a detailed knowledge about aerobic bacteriochlorophyll a-containing gammaproteobacteria is still limited to one strain of the species Congregibacter litoralis.
CitationMixotrophic growth of bacteriochlorophyll a-containing members of the OM60/NOR5 clade of marine gammaproteobacteria is carbon-starvation independent and correlates with the type of carbon source and oxygen availability. 2013, 13:117 BMC Microbiol.
AffiliationLeibniz Institute DSMZ - German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Inhoffenstr, 7B, Braunschweig 38124, Germany. email@example.com
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Taxonomy and evolution of bacteriochlorophyll a-containing members of the OM60/NOR5 clade of marine gammaproteobacteria: description of Luminiphilus syltensis gen. nov., sp. nov., reclassification of Haliea rubra as Pseudohaliea rubra gen. nov., comb. nov., and emendation of Chromatocurvus halotolerans.
- Authors: Spring S, Riedel T, Spröer C, Yan S, Harder J, Fuchs BM
- Issue date: 2013 May 24
- Biogeography and phylogeny of the NOR5/OM60 clade of Gammaproteobacteria.
- Authors: Yan S, Fuchs BM, Lenk S, Harder J, Wulf J, Jiao NZ, Amann R
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Polyphyletic photosynthetic reaction centre genes in oligotrophic marine Gammaproteobacteria.
- Authors: Cho JC, Stapels MD, Morris RM, Vergin KL, Schwalbach MS, Givan SA, Barofsky DF, Giovannoni SJ
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Characterization of a marine gammaproteobacterium capable of aerobic anoxygenic photosynthesis.
- Authors: Fuchs BM, Spring S, Teeling H, Quast C, Wulf J, Schattenhofer M, Yan S, Ferriera S, Johnson J, Glöckner FO, Amann R
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 20
- The photosynthetic apparatus and its regulation in the aerobic gammaproteobacterium Congregibacter litoralis gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Authors: Spring S, Lünsdorf H, Fuchs BM, Tindall BJ
- Issue date: 2009