Incidence, prevalence, and antithrombotic management of atrial fibrillation in elderly Germans.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractData on the epidemiology of atrial fibrillation (AF) and its antithrombotic management in elderly populations are scarce. The aims of this study were to estimate the incidence and prevalence of AF in the elderly in Germany and to describe antithrombotic management of AF cases.
CitationIncidence, prevalence, and antithrombotic management of atrial fibrillation in elderly Germans. 2013, 15 (10):1436-44 Europace
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Epidemiology, Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology - BIPS, Achterstraße 30, D - 28359 Bremen, Germany.
JournalEuropace : European pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac electrophysiology : journal of the working groups on cardiac pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac cellular electrophysiology of the European Society of Cardiology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Population-based evaluation of the management of antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation.
- Authors: Anderson DR, Gardner MJ, Putnam W, Jassal D, Brownell B, Flowerdew G, Nagpal S, Thompson K, Cox JL
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Use of antithrombotics in atrial fibrillation in Africa, Europe, Asia and South America: insights from the International RealiseAF Survey.
- Authors: Gamra H, Murin J, Chiang CE, Naditch-Brûlé L, Brette S, Steg PG, RealiseAF investigators.
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Compliance with antithrombotic prescribing guidelines for patients with atrial fibrillation--a nationwide descriptive study in Taiwan.
- Authors: Lin LJ, Cheng MH, Lee CH, Wung DC, Cheng CL, Kao Yang YH
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- A prospective survey in European Society of Cardiology member countries of atrial fibrillation management: baseline results of EURObservational Research Programme Atrial Fibrillation (EORP-AF) Pilot General Registry.
- Authors: Lip GY, Laroche C, Dan GA, Santini M, Kalarus Z, Rasmussen LH, Oliveira MM, Mairesse G, Crijns HJ, Simantirakis E, Atar D, Kirchhof P, Vardas P, Tavazzi L, Maggioni AP
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Oral anticoagulation use by patients with atrial fibrillation in Germany. Adherence to guidelines, causes of anticoagulation under-use and its clinical outcomes, based on claims-data of 183,448 patients.
- Authors: Wilke T, Groth A, Mueller S, Pfannkuche M, Verheyen F, Linder R, Maywald U, Kohlmann T, Feng YS, Breithardt G, Bauersachs R
- Issue date: 2012 Jun