Genome of the R-body producing marine alphaproteobacterium Labrenzia alexandrii type strain (DFL-11(T)).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLabrenzia alexandrii Biebl et al. 2007 is a marine member of the family Rhodobacteraceae in the order Rhodobacterales, which has thus far only partially been characterized at the genome level. The bacterium is of interest because it lives in close association with the toxic dinoflagellate Alexandrium lusitanicum. Ultrastructural analysis reveals R-bodies within the bacterial cells, which are primarily known from obligate endosymbionts that trigger "killing traits" in ciliates (Paramecium spp.). Genomic traits of L. alexandrii DFL-11(T) are in accordance with these findings, as they include the reb genes putatively involved in R-body synthesis. Analysis of the two extrachromosomal elements suggests a role in heavy-metal resistance and exopolysaccharide formation, respectively. The 5,461,856 bp long genome with its 5,071 protein-coding and 73 RNA genes consists of one chromosome and two plasmids, and has been sequenced in the context of the Marine Microbial Initiative.
CitationGenome of the R-body producing marine alphaproteobacterium Labrenzia alexandrii type strain (DFL-11(T)). 2013, 7 (3):413-26 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genome of the marine alphaproteobacterium Hoeflea phototrophica type strain (DFL-43(T)).
- Authors: Fiebig A, Pradella S, Petersen J, Michael V, Päuker O, Rohde M, Göker M, Klenk HP, Wagner-Döbler I
- Issue date: 2013
- Description of Labrenzia alexandrii gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel alphaproteobacterium containing bacteriochlorophyll a, and a proposal for reclassification of Stappia aggregata as Labrenzia aggregata comb. nov., of Stappia marina as Labrenzia marina comb. nov. and of Stappia alba as Labrenzia alba comb. nov., and emended descriptions of the genera Pannonibacter, Stappia and Roseibium, and of the species Roseibium denhamense and Roseibium hamelinense.
- Authors: Biebl H, Pukall R, Lünsdorf H, Schulz S, Allgaier M, Tindall BJ, Wagner-Döbler I
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Genome sequence of the Roseovarius mucosus type strain (DSM 17069(T)), a bacteriochlorophyll a-containing representative of the marine Roseobacter group isolated from the dinoflagellate Alexandrium ostenfeldii.
- Authors: Riedel T, Spring S, Fiebig A, Scheuner C, Petersen J, Göker M, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2015
- Ponticoccus alexandrii sp. nov., a novel bacterium isolated from the marine toxigenic dinoflagellate Alexandrium minutum.
- Authors: Yang Q, Zhang X, Li L, Zhang R, Feng L, Mu J
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Sulfitobacter alexandrii sp. nov., a new microalgae growth-promoting bacterium with exopolysaccharides bioflocculanting potential isolated from marine phycosphere.
- Authors: Yang Q, Ge YM, Iqbal NM, Yang X, Zhang XL
- Issue date: 2021 Jul