Designation of type strains for seven species of the order Myxococcales and proposal for neotype strains of Cystobacter ferrugineus, Cystobacter minus and Polyangium fumosum.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTen species of the order Myxococcales with validly published names are devoid of living type strains. Four species of the genus Chondromyces are represented by dead herbarium samples as the type material. For a species of the genus Melittangium and two species of the genus Polyangium, no physical type material was assigned at the time of validation of the names or later on. In accordance with rule 18f of the International Code of Nomenclature of Bacteria the following type strains are designated for these species: strain Cm a14(T) ( = DSM 14605(T) = JCM 12615(T)) as the type strain of Chondromyces apiculatus, strain Cm c5(T) ( = DSM 14714(T) = JCM 12616(T)) as the type strain of Chondromyces crocatus, strain Sy t2(T) ( = DSM 14631(T) = JCM 12617(T)) as the type strain of Chondromyces lanuginosus, strain Cm p51(T) ( = DSM 14607(T) = JCM 12618(T)) as the type strain of Chondromyces pediculatus, strain Me b8(T) ( = DSM 14713(T) = JCM 12633(T)) as the type strain of Melittangium boletus, strain Pl s12(T) ( = DSM 14670(T) = JCM 12637(T)) as the type strain of Polyangium sorediatum and strain Pl sm5(T) ( = DSM 14734(T) = JCM 12638(T)) as the type strain of Polyangium spumosum. Furthermore, the type strains given for three species of the genera Cystobacter and Polyangium had been kept at one university institute and have been lost according to our investigations. In accordance with Rule 18c of the Bacteriological Code, we propose the following neotype strains: strain Cb fe18 ( = DSM 14716 = JCM 12624) as the neotype strain of Cystobacter ferrugineus, strain Cb m2 ( = DSM 14751 = JCM 12627) as the neotype strain of Cystobacter minus and strain Pl fu5 ( = DSM 14668 = JCM 12636) as the neotype strain of Polyangium fumosum. The proposals of the strains are based on the descriptions and strain proposals given in the respective chapters of Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology (2005).
CitationDesignation of type strains for seven species of the order Myxococcales and proposal for neotype strains of Cystobacter ferrugineus, Cystobacter minus and Polyangium fumosum. 2013, 63 (Pt 11):4354-60 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
AffiliationLeibniz-Institut DSMZ - Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen GmbH, Inhoffenstrasse 7B, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
The following license files are associated with this item:
- The correlation between morphological and phylogenetic classification of myxobacteria.
- Authors: Spröer C, Reichenbach H, Stackebrandt E
- Issue date: 1999 Jul
- Reclassification of Angiococcus disciformis, Cystobacter minus and Cystobacter violaceus as Archangium disciforme comb. nov., Archangium minus comb. nov. and Archangium violaceum comb. nov., unification of the families Archangiaceae and Cystobacteraceae, and emended descriptions of the families Myxococcaceae and Archangiaceae.
- Authors: Lang E, Schumann P, Tindall BJ, Mohr KI, Spröer C
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Vulgatibacter incomptus gen. nov., sp. nov. and Labilithrix luteola gen. nov., sp. nov., two myxobacteria isolated from soil in Yakushima Island, and the description of Vulgatibacteraceae fam. nov., Labilitrichaceae fam. nov. and Anaeromyxobacteraceae fam. nov.
- Authors: Yamamoto E, Muramatsu H, Nagai K
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Expanded phylogeny of myxobacteria and evidence for cultivation of the 'unculturables'.
- Authors: Garcia R, Gerth K, Stadler M, Dogma IJ Jr, Müller R
- Issue date: 2010 Nov