Production and crystallization of a panel of structure-based mutants of the human myelin peripheral membrane protein P2.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe myelin sheath is a multilayered membrane that surrounds and insulates axons in the nervous system. One of the proteins specific to the peripheral nerve myelin is P2, a protein that is able to stack lipid bilayers. With the goal of obtaining detailed information on the structure-function relationship of P2, 14 structure-based mutated variants of human P2 were generated and produced. The mutants were designed to potentially affect the binding of lipid bilayers by P2. All mutated variants were also crystallized and preliminary crystallographic data are presented. The structural data from the mutants will be combined with diverse functional assays in order to elucidate the fine details of P2 function at the molecular level.
CitationProduction and crystallization of a panel of structure-based mutants of the human myelin peripheral membrane protein P2. 2012, 68 (Pt 11):1359-62 Acta Crystallogr. Sect. F Struct. Biol. Cryst. Commun.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Production, crystallization and neutron diffraction of fully deuterated human myelin peripheral membrane protein P2.
- Authors: Laulumaa S, Blakeley MP, Raasakka A, Moulin M, Härtlein M, Kursula P
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Dynamics of the Peripheral Membrane Protein P2 from Human Myelin Measured by Neutron Scattering--A Comparison between Wild-Type Protein and a Hinge Mutant.
- Authors: Laulumaa S, Nieminen T, Lehtimäki M, Aggarwal S, Simons M, Koza MM, Vattulainen I, Kursula P, Natali F
- Issue date: 2015
- Cryo-EM, X-ray diffraction, and atomistic simulations reveal determinants for the formation of a supramolecular myelin-like proteolipid lattice.
- Authors: Ruskamo S, Krokengen OC, Kowal J, Nieminen T, Lehtimäki M, Raasakka A, Dandey VP, Vattulainen I, Stahlberg H, Kursula P
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 26
- Structure and dynamics of a human myelin protein P2 portal region mutant indicate opening of the β barrel in fatty acid binding proteins.
- Authors: Laulumaa S, Nieminen T, Raasakka A, Krokengen OC, Safaryan A, Hallin EI, Brysbaert G, Lensink MF, Ruskamo S, Vattulainen I, Kursula P
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 25
- Human myelin protein P2: from crystallography to time-lapse membrane imaging and neuropathy-associated variants.
- Authors: Uusitalo M, Klenow MB, Laulumaa S, Blakeley MP, Simonsen AC, Ruskamo S, Kursula P
- Issue date: 2021 Dec