Complete genome sequence of Deinococcus maricopensis type strain (LB-34).
pukall et al_final.pdf
Open Access publication
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Detter, J Chris
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDeinococcus maricopensis (Rainey and da Costa 2005) is a member of the genus Deinococcus, which is comprised of 44 validly named species and is located within the deeply branching bacterial phylum Deinococcus-Thermus. Strain LB-34(T) was isolated from a soil sample from the Sonoran Desert in Arizona. Various species of the genus Deinococcus are characterized by extreme radiation resistance, with D. maricopensis being resistant in excess of 10 kGy. Even though the genomes of three Deinococcus species, D. radiodurans, D. geothermalis and D. deserti, have already been published, no special physiological characteristic is currently known that is unique to this group. It is therefore of special interest to analyze the genomes of additional species of the genus Deinococcus to better understand how these species adapted to gamma- or UV ionizing-radiation. The 3,498,530 bp long genome of D. maricopensis with its 3,301 protein-coding and 66 RNA genes consists of one circular chromosome and is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Deinococcus maricopensis type strain (LB-34). 2011, 4 (2):163-72 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of the orange-red pigmented, radioresistant Deinococcus proteolyticus type strain (MRP(T)).
- Authors: Copeland A, Zeytun A, Yassawong M, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Han C, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Mavromatis K, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Jeffries CD, Brambilla EM, Rohde M, Sikorski J, Pukall R, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Lapidus A
- Issue date: 2012 May 25
- Complete genome sequence of Truepera radiovictrix type strain (RQ-24).
- Authors: Ivanova N, Rohde C, Munk C, Nolan M, Lucas S, Del Rio TG, Tice H, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Brambilla E, Rohde M, Göker M, Tindall BJ, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Lapidus A
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 22
- Deinococcus geothermalis: the pool of extreme radiation resistance genes shrinks.
- Authors: Makarova KS, Omelchenko MV, Gaidamakova EK, Matrosova VY, Vasilenko A, Zhai M, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Kim E, Land M, Mavrommatis K, Pitluck S, Richardson PM, Detter C, Brettin T, Saunders E, Lai B, Ravel B, Kemner KM, Wolf YI, Sorokin A, Gerasimova AV, Gelfand MS, Fredrickson JK, Koonin EV, Daly MJ
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 26
- Identification of signature proteins that are distinctive of the Deinococcus-Thermus phylum.
- Authors: Griffiths E, Gupta RS
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Extensive diversity of ionizing-radiation-resistant bacteria recovered from Sonoran Desert soil and description of nine new species of the genus Deinococcus obtained from a single soil sample.
- Authors: Rainey FA, Ray K, Ferreira M, Gatz BZ, Nobre MF, Bagaley D, Rash BA, Park MJ, Earl AM, Shank NC, Small AM, Henk MC, Battista JR, Kämpfer P, da Costa MS
- Issue date: 2005 Sep