Complete genome sequence of Hydrogenobacter thermophilus type strain (TK-6).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Ngatchou-Djao, Olivier D
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Detter, John C
Tindall, Brian J
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHydrogenobacter thermophilus Kawasumi et al. 1984 is the type species of the genus Hydrogenobacter. H. thermophilus was the first obligate autotrophic organism reported among aerobic hydrogen-oxidizing bacteria. Strain TK-6(T) is of interest because of the unusually efficient hydrogen-oxidizing ability of this strain, which results in a faster generation time compared to other autotrophs. It is also able to grow anaerobically using nitrate as an electron acceptor when molecular hydrogen is used as the energy source, and able to aerobically fix CO(2)via the reductive tricarboxylic acid cycle. This is the fifth completed genome sequence in the family Aquificaceae, and the second genome sequence determined from a strain derived from the original isolate. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence and annotation. The 1,742,932 bp long genome with its 1,899 protein-coding and 49 RNA genes is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Hydrogenobacter thermophilus type strain (TK-6). 2011, 4 (2):131-43 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of the thermophilic, obligately chemolithoautotrophic hydrogen-oxidizing bacterium Hydrogenobacter thermophilus TK-6.
- Authors: Arai H, Kanbe H, Ishii M, Igarashi Y
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Complete genome sequence of Sphaerobacter thermophilus type strain (S 6022).
- Authors: Pati A, Labutti K, Pukall R, Nolan M, Glavina Del Rio T, Tice H, Cheng JF, Lucas S, Chen F, Copeland A, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pitluck S, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Chain P, Brettin T, Sikorski J, Rohde M, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Lapidus A
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 28
- Complete genome sequence of Marivirga tractuosa type strain (H-43).
- Authors: Pagani I, Chertkov O, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Del Rio TG, Tice H, Copeland A, Cheng JF, Nolan M, Saunders E, Pitluck S, Held B, Goodwin L, Liolios K, Ovchinikova G, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Jeffries CD, Detter JC, Han C, Tapia R, Ngatchou-Djao OD, Rohde M, Göker M, Spring S, Sikorski J, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 29
- Sequencing and reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis of four hydrogenase gene clusters from an obligately autotrophic hydrogen-oxidizing bacterium, Hydrogenobacter thermophilus TK-6.
- Authors: Ueda Y, Yamamoto M, Urasaki T, Arai H, Ishii M, Igarashi Y
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Complete genome sequence of Thermocrinis albus type strain (HI 11/12).
- Authors: Wirth R, Sikorski J, Brambilla E, Misra M, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Cheng JF, Han C, Detter JC, Tapia R, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Pati A, Anderson I, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Bilek Y, Hader T, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Tindall BJ, Rohde M, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 30