Systems genetics of liver fibrosis: identification of fibrogenic and expression quantitative trait loci in the BXD murine reference population.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsHall, Rabea A
Williams, Robert W
Weber, Susanne N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe progression of liver fibrosis in response to chronic injury varies considerably among individual patients. The underlying genetics is highly complex due to large numbers of potential genes, environmental factors and cell types involved. Here, we provide the first toxicogenomic analysis of liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in the murine 'genetic reference panel' of recombinant inbred BXD lines. Our aim was to define the core of risk genes and gene interaction networks that control fibrosis progression. Liver fibrosis phenotypes and gene expression profiles were determined in 35 BXD lines. Quantitative trait locus (QTL) analysis identified seven genomic loci influencing fibrosis phenotypes (pQTLs) with genome-wide significance on chromosomes 4, 5, 7, 12, and 17. Stepwise refinement was based on expression QTL mapping with stringent selection criteria, reducing the number of 1,351 candidate genes located in the pQTLs to a final list of 11 cis-regulated genes. Our findings demonstrate that the BXD reference population represents a powerful experimental resource for shortlisting the genes within a regulatory network that determine the liver's vulnerability to chronic injury.
CitationSystems genetics of liver fibrosis: identification of fibrogenic and expression quantitative trait loci in the BXD murine reference population. 2014, 9 (2):e89279 PLoS ONE
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Systems genetics of hepatocellular damage in vivo and in vitro: identification of a critical network on chromosome 11 in mouse.
- Authors: Liebe R, Hall RA, Williams RW, Dooley S, Lammert F
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Systems Genetics of Liver Fibrosis.
- Authors: Hall RA, Lammert F
- Issue date: 2017
- The Genetic Architecture of Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Liver Fibrosis in Mice.
- Authors: Tuominen I, Fuqua BK, Pan C, Renaud N, Wroblewski K, Civelek M, Clerkin K, Asaryan A, Haroutunian SG, Loureiro J, Borawski J, Roma G, Knehr J, Carbone W, French S, Parks BW, Hui ST, Mehrabian M, Magyar C, Cantor RM, Ukomadu C, Lusis AJ, Beaven SW
- Issue date: 2021
- Exploring multiple quantitative trait loci models of hepatic fibrosis in a mouse intercross.
- Authors: Hall RA, Hillebrandt S, Lammert F
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Using gene expression databases for classical trait QTL candidate gene discovery in the BXD recombinant inbred genetic reference population: mouse forebrain weight.
- Authors: Lu L, Wei L, Peirce JL, Wang X, Zhou J, Homayouni R, Williams RW, Airey DC
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 25