Exploring the metabolic network of the epidemic pathogen Burkholderia cenocepacia J2315 via genome-scale reconstruction.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Lam, Carolyn M C
Martins dos Santos, Vítor A P
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBurkholderia cenocepacia is a threatening nosocomial epidemic pathogen in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) or a compromised immune system. Its high level of antibiotic resistance is an increasing concern in treatments against its infection. Strain B. cenocepacia J2315 is the most infectious isolate from CF patients. There is a strong demand to reconstruct a genome-scale metabolic network of B. cenocepacia J2315 to systematically analyze its metabolic capabilities and its virulence traits, and to search for potential clinical therapy targets.
CitationExploring the metabolic network of the epidemic pathogen Burkholderia cenocepacia J2315 via genome-scale reconstruction. 2011, 5:83 BMC Syst Biol
JournalBMC systems biology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Insights into the genome diversity and virulence of two clinical isolates of Burkholderia cenocepacia.
- Authors: Salloum T, Nassour E, Araj GF, Abboud E, Tokajian S
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Spontaneous and evolutionary changes in the antibiotic resistance of Burkholderia cenocepacia observed by global gene expression analysis.
- Authors: Sass A, Marchbank A, Tullis E, Lipuma JJ, Mahenthiralingam E
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 22
- Genomic analysis of Burkholderia cenocepacia isolated from a liver abscess in a patient with cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: de Freitas Vianna E, Menezes NIM, de Almeida MM, de Freitas FAD, da Costa Ferreira Leite C, Firmida MC, de Medeiros DRI, Souza Leão R, Mattos Albano R, Andrade Marques E
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- The Burkholderia cenocepacia Type VI Secretion System Effector TecA Is a Virulence Factor in Mouse Models of Lung Infection.
- Authors: Loeven NA, Perault AI, Cotter PA, Hodges CA, Schwartzman JD, Hampton TH, Bliska JB
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 26
- The genome of Burkholderia cenocepacia J2315, an epidemic pathogen of cystic fibrosis patients.
- Authors: Holden MT, Seth-Smith HM, Crossman LC, Sebaihia M, Bentley SD, Cerdeño-Tárraga AM, Thomson NR, Bason N, Quail MA, Sharp S, Cherevach I, Churcher C, Goodhead I, Hauser H, Holroyd N, Mungall K, Scott P, Walker D, White B, Rose H, Iversen P, Mil-Homens D, Rocha EP, Fialho AM, Baldwin A, Dowson C, Barrell BG, Govan JR, Vandamme P, Hart CA, Mahenthiralingam E, Parkhill J
- Issue date: 2009 Jan