Antigenic and 3D structural characterization of soluble X4 and hybrid X4-R5 HIV-1 Env trimers.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHIV-1 is decorated with trimeric glycoprotein spikes that enable infection by engaging CD4 and a chemokine coreceptor, either CCR5 or CXCR4. The variable loop 3 (V3) of the HIV-1 envelope protein (Env) is the main determinant for coreceptor usage. The predominant CCR5 using (R5) HIV-1 Env has been intensively studied in function and structure, whereas the trimeric architecture of the less frequent, but more cytopathic CXCR4 using (X4) HIV-1 Env is largely unknown, as are the consequences of sequence changes in and near V3 on antigenicity and trimeric Env structure.
CitationAntigenic and 3D structural characterization of soluble X4 and hybrid X4-R5 HIV-1 Env trimers. 2014, 11:42 Retrovirology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- HIV-1 R5 Macrophage-Tropic Envelope Glycoprotein Trimers Bind CD4 with High Affinity, while the CD4 Binding Site on Non-macrophage-tropic, T-Tropic R5 Envelopes Is Occluded.
- Authors: Quitadamo B, Peters PJ, Repik A, O'Connell O, Mou Z, Koch M, Somasundaran M, Brody R, Luzuriaga K, Wallace A, Wang S, Lu S, McCauley S, Luban J, Duenas-Decamp M, Gonzalez-Perez MP, Clapham PR
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 15
- Cryptic nature of a conserved, CD4-inducible V3 loop neutralization epitope in the native envelope glycoprotein oligomer of CCR5-restricted, but not CXCR4-using, primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 strains.
- Authors: Lusso P, Earl PL, Sironi F, Santoro F, Ripamonti C, Scarlatti G, Longhi R, Berger EA, Burastero SE
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- CD4-Induced Antibodies Promote Association of the HIV-1 Envelope Glycoprotein with CD4-Binding Site Antibodies.
- Authors: Gardner MR, Fellinger CH, Prasad NR, Zhou AS, Kondur HR, Joshi VR, Quinlan BD, Farzan M
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 1
- Comparison of Uncleaved and Mature Human Immunodeficiency Virus Membrane Envelope Glycoprotein Trimers.
- Authors: Castillo-Menendez LR, Witt K, Espy N, Princiotto A, Madani N, Pacheco B, Finzi A, Sodroski J
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 15
- Single-Chain Soluble BG505.SOSIP gp140 Trimers as Structural and Antigenic Mimics of Mature Closed HIV-1 Env.
- Authors: Georgiev IS, Joyce MG, Yang Y, Sastry M, Zhang B, Baxa U, Chen RE, Druz A, Lees CR, Narpala S, Schön A, Van Galen J, Chuang GY, Gorman J, Harned A, Pancera M, Stewart-Jones GB, Cheng C, Freire E, McDermott AB, Mascola JR, Kwong PD
- Issue date: 2015 May