Complete genome sequence of Pedobacter heparinus type strain (HIM 762-3).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Jeffries, Cynthia C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
Detter, John C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPedobacter heparinus (Payza and Korn 1956) Steyn et al. 1998 comb. nov. is the type species of the rapidly growing genus Pedobacter within the family Sphingobacteriaceae of the phylum 'Bacteroidetes'. P. heparinus is of interest, because it was the first isolated strain shown to grow with heparin as sole carbon and nitrogen source and because it produces several enzymes involved in the degradation of mucopolysaccharides. All available data about this species are based on a sole strain that was isolated from dry soil. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence, and annotation. This is the first report on a complete genome sequence of a member of the genus Pedobacter, and the 5,167,383 bp long single replicon genome with its 4287 protein-coding and 54 RNA genes is part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Pedobacter heparinus type strain (HIM 762-3). 2009, 1 (1):54-62 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of the gliding, heparinolytic Pedobacter saltans type strain (113).
- Authors: Liolios K, Sikorski J, Lu M, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Huntemann M, Ivanova N, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ovchinikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Brambilla EM, Kotsyurbenko O, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Abt B, Göker M, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 15
- Classification of heparinolytic bacteria into a new genus, Pedobacter, comprising four species: Pedobacter heparinus comb. nov., Pedobacter piscium comb. nov., Pedobacter africanus sp. nov. and Pedobacter saltans sp. nov. proposal of the family Sphingobacteriaceae fam. nov.
- Authors: Steyn PL, Segers P, Vancanneyt M, Sandra P, Kersters K, Joubert JJ
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Complete genome sequence of Leadbetterella byssophila type strain (4M15).
- Authors: Abt B, Teshima H, Lucas S, Lapidus A, Del Rio TG, Nolan M, Tice H, Cheng JF, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Pati A, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Rohde M, Göker M, Tindall BJ, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 4
- Complete genome sequence of Actinosynnema mirum type strain (101).
- Authors: Land M, Lapidus A, Mayilraj S, Chen F, Copeland A, Del Rio TG, Nolan M, Lucas S, Tice H, Cheng JF, Chertkov O, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Rohde M, Göker M, Pati A, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CC, Brettin T, Detter JC, Han C, Chain P, Tindall BJ, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 20
- Complete genome sequence of the bile-resistant pigment-producing anaerobe Alistipes finegoldii type strain (AHN2437(T)).
- Authors: Mavromatis K, Stackebrandt E, Munk C, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Huntemann M, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Rohde M, Gronow S, Göker M, Detter JC, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Woyke T
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15