Complete genome sequence of Halomicrobium mukohataei type strain (arg-2).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsTindall, Brian J
Glavina Del Rio, Tijana
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
Detter, John C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHalomicrobium mukohataei (Ihara et al. 1997) Oren et al. 2002 is the type species of the genus Halomicrobium. It is of phylogenetic interest because of its isolated location within the large euryarchaeal family Halobacteriaceae. H. mukohataei is an extreme halophile that grows essentially aerobically, but can also grow anaerobically under a change of morphology and with nitrate as electron acceptor. The strain, whose genome is described in this report, is a free-living, motile, Gram-negative euryarchaeon, originally isolated from Salinas Grandes in Jujuy, Andes highlands, Argentina. Its genome contains three genes for the 16S rRNA that differ from each other by up to 9%. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence and annotation. This is the first completed genome sequence from the poorly populated genus Halomicrobium, and the 3,332,349 bp long genome (chromosome and one plasmid) with its 3416 protein-coding and 56 RNA genes is part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Halomicrobium mukohataei type strain (arg-2). 2009, 1 (3):270-7 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Halorhabdus utahensis type strain (AX-2).
- Authors: Anderson I, Tindall BJ, Pomrenke H, Göker M, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Chen F, Tice H, Cheng JF, Lucas S, Chertkov O, Bruce D, Brettin T, Detter JC, Han C, Goodwin L, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Pitluck S, Pati A, Mavromatis K, Ivanova N, Ovchinnikova G, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Chain P, Rohde M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 22
- Complete genome sequence of Halogeometricum borinquense type strain (PR3).
- Authors: Malfatti S, Tindall BJ, Schneider S, Fähnrich R, Lapidus A, Labuttii K, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Nolan M, Chen F, Lucas S, Tice H, Cheng JF, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Anderson I, Pati A, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, D'haeseleer P, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Chain P
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 24
- Halomicrobium mukohataei gen. nov., comb. nov., and emended description of Halomicrobium mukohataei.
- Authors: Oren A, Elevi R, Watanabe S, Ihara K, Corcelli A
- Issue date: 2002 Sep
- Complete genome sequence of Brachybacterium faecium type strain (Schefferle 6-10).
- Authors: Lapidus A, Pukall R, Labuttii K, Copeland A, Del Rio TG, Nolan M, Chen F, Lucas S, Tice H, Cheng JF, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Rohde M, Göker M, Pati A, Ivanova N, Mavrommatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, D'haeseleer P, Chain P, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 20
- Complete genome sequence of Haloterrigena turkmenica type strain (4k).
- Authors: Saunders E, Tindall BJ, Fähnrich R, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Del Rio TG, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Cheng JF, Han C, Detter JC, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Chain P, Pitluck S, Pati A, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Brettin T, Rohde M, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 28