Complete genome sequence of Streptobacillus moniliformis type strain (9901).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Detter, John C
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStreptobacillus moniliformis Levaditi et al. 1925 is the type and sole species of the genus Streptobacillus, and is of phylogenetic interest because of its isolated location in the sparsely populated and neither taxonomically nor genomically much accessed family 'Leptotrichiaceae' within the phylum Fusobacteria. The 'Leptotrichiaceae' have not been well characterized, genomically or taxonomically. S. moniliformis,is a Gram-negative, non-motile, pleomorphic bacterium and is the etiologic agent of rat bite fever and Haverhill fever. Strain 9901(T), the type strain of the species, was isolated from a patient with rat bite fever. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence and annotation. This is only the second completed genome sequence of the order Fusobacteriales and no more than the third sequence from the phylum Fusobacteria. The 1,662,578 bp long chromosome and the 10,702 bp plasmid with a total of 1511 protein-coding and 55 RNA genes are part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Streptobacillus moniliformis type strain (9901). 2009, 1 (3):300-7 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Leptotrichia buccalis type strain (C-1013-b).
- Authors: Ivanova N, Gronow S, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Nolan M, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Cheng JF, Saunders E, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Brettin T, Detter JC, Han C, Pitluck S, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Mavrommatis K, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Chain P, Rohde C, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 24
- Complete genome sequence of Sebaldella termitidis type strain (NCTC 11300).
- Authors: Harmon-Smith M, Celia L, Chertkov O, Lapidus A, Copeland A, Glavina Del Rio T, Nolan M, Lucas S, Tice H, Cheng JF, Han C, Detter JC, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Pati A, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Brettin T, Göker M, Beck B, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Chen F
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 30
- Oceanivirga salmonicida gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the Leptotrichiaceae isolated from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar).
- Authors: Eisenberg T, Kämpfer P, Ewers C, Semmler T, Glaeser SP, Collins E, Ruttledge M, Palmer R
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Streptobacillus notomytis sp. nov., isolated from a spinifex hopping mouse (Notomys alexis Thomas, 1922), and emended description of Streptobacillus Levaditi et al. 1925, Eisenberg et al. 2015 emend.
- Authors: Eisenberg T, Glaeser SP, Ewers C, Semmler T, Nicklas W, Rau J, Mauder N, Hofmann N, Imaoka K, Kimura M, Kämpfer P
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Caviibacter abscessus gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Leptotrichiaceae isolated from guinea pigs (Cavia porcellus).
- Authors: Eisenberg T, Glaeser SP, Ewers C, Semmler T, Drescher B, Kämpfer P
- Issue date: 2016 Apr