Complete genome sequence of Olsenella uli type strain (VPI D76D-27C).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Glavina Del Rio, Tijana
Detter, John C
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOlsenella uli (Olsen et al. 1991) Dewhirst et al. 2001 is the type species of the genus Olsenella, which belongs to the actinobacterial family Coriobacteriaceae. The species is of interest because it is frequently isolated from dental plaque in periodontitis patients and can cause primary endodontic infection. The species is a Gram-positive, non-motile and non-sporulating bacterium. The strain described in this study was isolated from human gingival crevices. This is the first completed sequence of the genus Olsenella and the fifth sequence from a member of the family Coriobacteriaceae. The 2,051,896 bp long genome with its 1,795 protein-coding and 55 RNA genes is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Olsenella uli type strain (VPI D76D-27C). 2010, 3 (1):76-84 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Eggerthella lenta type strain (IPP VPI 0255).
- Authors: Saunders E, Pukall R, Abt B, Lapidus A, Glavina Del Rio T, Copeland A, Tice H, Cheng JF, Lucas S, Chen F, Nolan M, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Ovchinnikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Chain P, Meincke L, Sims D, Brettin T, Detter JC, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Han C
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 28
- Characterization of novel human oral isolates and cloned 16S rDNA sequences that fall in the family Coriobacteriaceae: description of olsenella gen. nov., reclassification of Lactobacillus uli as Olsenella uli comb. nov. and description of Olsenella profusa sp. nov.
- Authors: Dewhirst FE, Paster BJ, Tzellas N, Coleman B, Downes J, Spratt DA, Wade WG
- Issue date: 2001 Sep
- Olsenella umbonata sp. nov., a microaerotolerant anaerobic lactic acid bacterium from the sheep rumen and pig jejunum, and emended descriptions of Olsenella, Olsenella uli and Olsenella profusa.
- Authors: Kraatz M, Wallace RJ, Svensson L
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Complete genome sequence of Atopobium parvulum type strain (IPP 1246).
- Authors: Copeland A, Sikorski J, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Del Rio TG, Lucas S, Chen F, Tice H, Pitluck S, Cheng JF, Pukall R, Chertkov O, Brettin T, Han C, Detter JC, Kuske C, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Chain P, Rohde M, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Detter JC
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 23
- Complete genome sequence of Arcanobacterium haemolyticum type strain (11018).
- Authors: Yasawong M, Teshima H, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Glavina Del Rio T, Tice H, Cheng JF, Bruce D, Detter C, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Rohde M, Sikorski J, Pukall R, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 28