Genome sequence of the mud-dwelling archaeon Methanoplanus limicola type strain (DSM 2279(T)), reclassification of Methanoplanus petrolearius as Methanolacinia petrolearia and emended descriptions of the genera Methanoplanus and Methanolacinia.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Goodwin, Lynne A
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMethanoplanus limicola Wildgruber et al. 1984 is a mesophilic methanogen that was isolated from a swamp composed of drilling waste near Naples, Italy, shortly after the Archaea were recognized as a separate domain of life. Methanoplanus is the type genus in the family Methanoplanaceae, a taxon that felt into disuse since modern 16S rRNA gene sequences-based taxonomy was established. Methanoplanus is now placed within the Methanomicrobiaceae, a family that is so far poorly characterized at the genome level. The only other type strain of the genus with a sequenced genome, Methanoplanus petrolearius SEBR 4847(T), turned out to be misclassified and required reclassification to Methanolacinia. Both, Methanoplanus and Methanolacinia, needed taxonomic emendations due to a significant deviation of the G+C content of their genomes from previously published (pre-genome-sequence era) values. Until now genome sequences were published for only four of the 33 species with validly published names in the Methanomicrobiaceae. Here we describe the features of M. limicola, together with the improved-high-quality draft genome sequence and annotation of the type strain, M3(T). The 3,200,946 bp long chromosome (permanent draft sequence) with its 3,064 protein-coding and 65 RNA genes is a part of the G enomic E ncyclopedia of B acteria and Archaea project.
CitationGenome sequence of the mud-dwelling archaeon Methanoplanus limicola type strain (DSM 2279(T)), reclassification of Methanoplanus petrolearius as Methanolacinia petrolearia and emended descriptions of the genera Methanoplanus and Methanolacinia. 2014, 9 (3):1076-88 Stand Genomic Sci
AffiliationLeibniz Institute DSMZ - German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Methanoplanus petrolearius type strain (SEBR 4847).
- Authors: Brambilla E, Djao OD, Daligault H, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Hammon N, Nolan M, Tice H, Cheng JF, Han C, Tapia R, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Rohde M, Spring S, Sikorski J, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 27
- Complete genome sequence of Planctomyces brasiliensis type strain (DSM 5305(T)), phylogenomic analysis and reclassification of Planctomycetes including the descriptions of Gimesia gen. nov., Planctopirus gen. nov. and Rubinisphaera gen. nov. and emended descriptions of the order Planctomycetales and the family Planctomycetaceae.
- Authors: Scheuner C, Tindall BJ, Lu M, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Cheng JF, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Huntemann M, Liolios K, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ivanova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Jeffries CD, Hauser L, Land M, Mwirichia R, Rohde M, Abt B, Detter JC, Woyke T, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Göker M, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2014
- High-quality-draft genome sequence of the yellow-pigmented flavobacterium Joostella marina type strain (En5(T)).
- Authors: Stackebrandt E, Chertkov O, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Han C, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Bruce D, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Mavromatis K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Huntemann M, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Woyke T, Detter JC, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15
- Complete genome sequence of the halophilic bacterium Spirochaeta africana type strain (Z-7692(T)) from the alkaline Lake Magadi in the East African Rift.
- Authors: Liolos K, Abt B, Scheuner C, Teshima H, Held B, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Huntemann M, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Detter JC, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Woyke T, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2013
- Methanomicrobium antiquum sp. nov., a hydrogenotrophic methanogen isolated from deep sedimentary aquifers in a natural gas field.
- Authors: Mochimaru H, Tamaki H, Katayama T, Imachi H, Sakata S, Kamagata Y
- Issue date: 2016 Nov