Complete genome sequence of Methanothermus fervidus type strain (V24S).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Djao, Olivier Duplex Ngatchou
Del Rio, Tijana Glavina
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Detter, John C
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMethanothermus fervidus Stetter 1982 is the type strain of the genus Methanothermus. This hyperthermophilic genus is of a thought to be endemic in Icelandic hot springs. M. fervidus was not only the first characterized organism with a maximal growth temperature (97°C) close to the boiling point of water, but also the first archaeon in which a detailed functional analysis of its histone protein was reported and the first one in which the function of 2,3-cyclodiphosphoglycerate in thermoadaptation was characterized. Strain V24S(T) is of interest because of its very low substrate ranges, it grows only on H(2) + CO(2). This is the first completed genome sequence of the family Methanothermaceae. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence and annotation. The 1,243,342 bp long genome with its 1,311 protein-coding and 50 RNA genes is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Methanothermus fervidus type strain (V24S). 2010, 3 (3):315-24 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Thermosphaera aggregans type strain (M11TL).
- Authors: Spring S, Rachel R, Lapidus A, Davenport K, Tice H, Copeland A, Cheng JF, Lucas S, Chen F, Nolan M, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Ovchinnikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CC, Brettin T, Detter JC, Tapia R, Han C, Heimerl T, Weikl F, Brambilla E, Göker M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 15
- Complete genome sequence of the hyperthermophilic chemolithoautotroph Pyrolobus fumarii type strain (1A).
- Authors: Anderson I, Göker M, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Huntemann M, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Pagani I, Mavromatis K, Ovchinikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Brambilla EM, Huber H, Yasawong M, Rohde M, Spring S, Abt B, Sikorski J, Wirth R, Detter JC, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Lapidus A
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 1
- Complete genome sequence of Ignisphaera aggregans type strain (AQ1.S1).
- Authors: Göker M, Held B, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Spring S, Yasawong M, Lucas S, Glavina Del Rio T, Tice H, Cheng JF, Goodwin L, Tapia R, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Brambilla E, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Brettin T, Detter JC, Han C, Rohde M, Sikorski J, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 20
- Complete genome sequence of Calditerrivibrio nitroreducens type strain (Yu37-1).
- Authors: Pitluck S, Sikorski J, Zeytun A, Lapidus A, Nolan M, Lucas S, Hammon N, Deshpande S, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Han C, Goodwin L, Liolios K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Detter JC, Brambilla E, Djao OD, Rohde M, Spring S, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP, Land M
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 20
- Dimeric 3-phosphoglycerate kinases from hyperthermophilic Archaea. Cloning, sequencing and expression of the 3-phosphoglycerate kinase gene of Pyrococcus woesei in Escherichia coli and characterization of the protein. Structural and functional comparison with the 3-phosphoglycerate kinase of Methanothermus fervidus.
- Authors: Hess D, Krüger K, Knappik A, Palm P, Hensel R
- Issue date: 1995 Oct 1