Complete genome sequence of Methanoplanus petrolearius type strain (SEBR 4847).
brambilla et al_final.pdf
Open Access publication
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Djao, Olivier Duplex Ngatchou
Jeffries, Cynthia D
Eisen, Jonathan A
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMethanoplanus petrolearius Ollivier et al. 1998 is the type strain of the genus Methanoplanus. The strain was originally isolated from an offshore oil field from the Gulf of Guinea. Members of the genus Methanoplanus are of interest because they play an important role in the carbon cycle and also because of their significant contribution to the global warming by methane emission in the atmosphere. Like other archaea of the family Methanomicrobiales, the members of the genus Methanoplanus are able to use CO(2) and H(2) as a source of carbon and energy; acetate is required for growth and probably also serves as carbon source. Here we describe the features of this organism, together with the complete genome sequence and annotation. This is the first complete genome sequence of a member of the family Methanomicrobiaceae and the sixth complete genome sequence from the order Methanomicrobiales. The 2,843,290 bp long genome with its 2,824 protein-coding and 57 RNA genes is a part of the Genomic Encyclopedia of Bacteria and Archaea project.
CitationComplete genome sequence of Methanoplanus petrolearius type strain (SEBR 4847). 2010, 3 (2):203-11 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genome sequence of the mud-dwelling archaeon Methanoplanus limicola type strain (DSM 2279(T)), reclassification of Methanoplanus petrolearius as Methanolacinia petrolearia and emended descriptions of the genera Methanoplanus and Methanolacinia.
- Authors: Göker M, Lu M, Fiebig A, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Tice H, Del Rio TG, Cheng JF, Han C, Tapia R, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Mavromatis K, Pagani I, Ivanova N, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Mayilraj S, Rohde M, Detter JC, Bunk B, Spring S, Wirth R, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 15
- Methanoplanus petrolearius sp. nov., a novel methanogenic bacterium from an oil-producing well.
- Authors: Ollivier B, Cayol JL, Patel BK, Magot M, Fardeau ML, Garcia JL
- Issue date: 1997 Feb 1
- Complete genome sequence of Desulfohalobium retbaense type strain (HR(100)).
- Authors: Spring S, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Glavina Del Rio T, Copeland A, Tice H, Cheng JF, Lucas S, Land M, Chen F, Bruce D, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Munk C, Kiss H, Chain P, Han C, Brettin T, Detter JC, Schüler E, Göker M, Rohde M, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 28
- Complete genome sequence of Sulfurimonas autotrophica type strain (OK10).
- Authors: Sikorski J, Munk C, Lapidus A, Ngatchou Djao OD, Lucas S, Glavina Del Rio T, Nolan M, Tice H, Han C, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Pati A, Sims D, Meincke L, Brettin T, Detter JC, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Land M, Hauser L, Chang YJ, Jeffries CD, Rohde M, Lang E, Spring S, Göker M, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Kyrpides NC, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 27
- Complete genome sequence of Hydrogenobacter thermophilus type strain (TK-6).
- Authors: Zeytun A, Sikorski J, Nolan M, Lapidus A, Lucas S, Han J, Tice H, Cheng JF, Tapia R, Goodwin L, Pitluck S, Liolios K, Ivanova N, Mavromatis K, Mikhailova N, Ovchinnikova G, Pati A, Chen A, Palaniappan K, Ngatchou-Djao OD, Land M, Hauser L, Jeffries CD, Han C, Detter JC, Ubler S, Rohde M, Tindall BJ, Göker M, Wirth R, Woyke T, Bristow J, Eisen JA, Markowitz V, Hugenholtz P, Klenk HP, Kyrpides NC
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 29