In vitro surfactant and perfluorocarbon aerosol deposition in a neonatal physical model of the upper conducting airways.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Basterretxea, Francisco J
Larrabe-Barrena, Juan Luis
Gomez-Solaetxe, Miguel Angel
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAerosol delivery holds potential to release surfactant or perfluorocarbon (PFC) to the lungs of neonates with respiratory distress syndrome with minimal airway manipulation. Nevertheless, lung deposition in neonates tends to be very low due to extremely low lung volumes, narrow airways and high respiratory rates. In the present study, the feasibility of enhancing lung deposition by intracorporeal delivery of aerosols was investigated using a physical model of neonatal conducting airways.
CitationIn vitro surfactant and perfluorocarbon aerosol deposition in a neonatal physical model of the upper conducting airways. 2014, 9 (9):e106835 PLoS ONE
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Surfactant and perfluorocarbon aerosolization by means of inhalation catheters for the treatment of respiratory distress syndrome: an in vitro study.
- Authors: Murgia X, Gastiasoro E, Mielgo V, Alvarez-Diaz F, Lafuente H, Valls-i-Soler A, Gomez-Solaetxe MA, Larrabe JL, Rey-Santano C
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Surfactant and perfluorocarbon aerosolization during different mechanical ventilation strategies by means of inhalation catheters: an in vitro study.
- Authors: Murgia X, Gastiasoro E, Mielgo V, Ruiz-Del-Yerro E, Alvarez-Diaz FJ, Lafuente H, Valls-I-Soler A, Gomez-Solaetxe MA, Rey-Santano C
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- From bench to bedside: in vitro and in vivo evaluation of a neonate-focused nebulized surfactant delivery strategy.
- Authors: Bianco F, Ricci F, Catozzi C, Murgia X, Schlun M, Bucholski A, Hetzer U, Bonelli S, Lombardini M, Pasini E, Nutini M, Pertile M, Minocchieri S, Simonato M, Rosa B, Pieraccini G, Moneti G, Lorenzini L, Catinella S, Villetti G, Civelli M, Pioselli B, Cogo P, Carnielli V, Dani C, Salomone F
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 2
- The non-intubated, spontaneously breathing, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) ventilated pre-term lamb: a unique animal model.
- Authors: Rahmel DK, Pohlmann G, Iwatschenko P, Volland J, Liebisch S, Kock H, Mecklenburg L, Maurer C, Kemkowski J, Taut FJ
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Surfactant Driven Post-Deposition Spreading of Aerosols on Complex Aqueous Subphases. 1: High Deposition Flux Representative of Aerosol Delivery to Large Airways.
- Authors: Khanal A, Sharma R, Corcoran TE, Garoff S, Przybycien TM, Tilton RD
- Issue date: 2015 Oct