Genome sequences of Alicycliphilus denitrificans strains BC and K601T.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsOosterkamp, Margreet J
Plugge, Caroline M
Langenhoff, Alette A M
van Berkel, Willem J H
Pieper, Dietmar H
Goodwin, Lynne A
Daligault, Hajnalka E
Bruce, David C
Detter, John C
Han, Cliff S
Land, Miriam L
Hauser, Loren J
Stams, Alfons J M
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlicycliphilus denitrificans strain BC and A. denitrificans strain K601(T) degrade cyclic hydrocarbons. These strains have been isolated from a mixture of wastewater treatment plant material and benzene-polluted soil and from a wastewater treatment plant, respectively, suggesting their role in bioremediation of soil and water. Although the strains are phylogenetically closely related, there are some clear physiological differences. The hydrocarbon cyclohexanol, for example, can be degraded by strain K601(T) but not by strain BC. Furthermore, both strains can use nitrate and oxygen as an electron acceptor, but only strain BC can use chlorate as electron acceptor. To better understand the nitrate and chlorate reduction mechanisms coupled to the oxidation of cyclic compounds, the genomes of A. denitrificans strains BC and K601(T) were sequenced. Here, we report the complete genome sequences of A. denitrificans strains BC and K601(T).
CitationGenome sequences of Alicycliphilus denitrificans strains BC and K601T. 2011, 193 (18):5028-9 J. Bacteriol.
JournalJournal of bacteriology
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genome analysis and physiological comparison of Alicycliphilus denitrificans strains BC and K601(T.).
- Authors: Oosterkamp MJ, Veuskens T, Talarico Saia F, Weelink SA, Goodwin LA, Daligault HE, Bruce DC, Detter JC, Tapia R, Han CS, Land ML, Hauser LJ, Langenhoff AA, Gerritse J, van Berkel WJ, Pieper DH, Junca H, Smidt H, Schraa G, Davids M, Schaap PJ, Plugge CM, Stams AJ
- Issue date: 2013
- Isolation and characterization of Alicycliphilus denitrificans strain BC, which grows on benzene with chlorate as the electron acceptor.
- Authors: Weelink SA, Tan NC, ten Broeke H, van den Kieboom C, van Doesburg W, Langenhoff AA, Gerritse J, Junca H, Stams AJ
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Metabolic response of Alicycliphilus denitrificans strain BC toward electron acceptor variation.
- Authors: Oosterkamp MJ, Boeren S, Plugge CM, Schaap PJ, Stams AJ
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Genome sequence of the facultative anaerobic arsenite-oxidizing and nitrate-reducing bacterium Acidovorax sp. strain NO1.
- Authors: Huang Y, Li H, Rensing C, Zhao K, Johnstone L, Wang G
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Alicycliphilus: current knowledge and potential for bioremediation of xenobiotics.
- Authors: Solís-González CJ, Loza-Tavera H
- Issue date: 2019 Jun