Isolation of dimeric, trimeric, tetrameric and pentameric procyanidins from unroasted cocoa beans (Theobroma cacao L.) using countercurrent chromatography.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe main procyanidins, including dimeric B2 and B5, trimeric C1, tetrameric and pentameric procyanidins, were isolated from unroasted cocoa beans (Theobroma cacao L.) using various techniques of countercurrent chromatography, such as high-speed countercurrent chromatography (HSCCC), low-speed rotary countercurrent chromatography (LSRCCC) and spiral-coil LSRCCC. Furthermore, dimeric procyanidins B1 and B7, which are not present naturally in the analysed cocoa beans, were obtained after semisynthesis of cocoa bean polymers with (+)-catechin as nucleophile and separated by countercurrent chromatography. In this way, the isolation of dimeric procyanidin B1 in considerable amounts (500mg, purity>97%) was possible in a single run. This is the first report concerning the isolation and semisynthesis of dimeric to pentameric procyanidins from T. cacao by countercurrent chromatography. Additionally, the chemical structures of tetrameric (cinnamtannin A2) and pentameric procyanidins (cinnamtannin A3) were elucidated on the basis of (1)H NMR spectroscopy. Interflavanoid linkage was determined by NOE-correlations, for the first time.
CitationIsolation of dimeric, trimeric, tetrameric and pentameric procyanidins from unroasted cocoa beans (Theobroma cacao L.) using countercurrent chromatography. 2015, 179:278-89 Food Chem
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Preparative separation of cacao bean procyanidins by high-speed counter-current chromatography.
- Authors: Li L, Zhang S, Cui Y, Li Y, Luo L, Zhou P, Sun B
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 15
- Semisynthetic preparation and isolation of dimeric procyanidins B1-B8 from roasted hazelnut skins (Corylus avellana L.) on a large scale using countercurrent chromatography.
- Authors: Esatbeyoglu T, Juadjur A, Wray V, Winterhalter P
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 23
- New approach for the synthesis and isolation of dimeric procyanidins.
- Authors: Köhler N, Wray V, Winterhalter P
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 9
- Preparation of dimeric procyanidins B1, B2, B5, and B7 from a polymeric procyanidin fraction of black chokeberry ( Aronia melanocarpa ).
- Authors: Esatbeyoglu T, Winterhalter P
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 28
- Identification of procyanidins in cocoa (Theobroma cacao) and chocolate using high-performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry.
- Authors: Hammerstone JF, Lazarus SA, Mitchell AE, Rucker R, Schmitz HH
- Issue date: 1999 Feb