Mouse Phenotype Database Integration Consortium: integration [corrected] of mouse phenome data resources.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsHancock, John M
Adams, Niels C
Brown, Steve D M
Chesler, Elissa J
Eppig, Janan T
Gkoutos, Georgios V
Hrabé de Angelis, Martin
Melvin, David G
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUnderstanding the functions encoded in the mouse genome will be central to an understanding of the genetic basis of human disease. To achieve this it will be essential to be able to characterize the phenotypic consequences of variation and alterations in individual genes. Data on the phenotypes of mouse strains are currently held in a number of different forms (detailed descriptions of mouse lines, first-line phenotyping data on novel mutations, data on the normal features of inbred lines) at many sites worldwide. For the most efficient use of these data sets, we have initiated a process to develop standards for the description of phenotypes (using ontologies) and file formats for the description of phenotyping protocols and phenotype data sets. This process is ongoing and needs to be supported by the wider mouse genetics and phenotyping communities to succeed. We invite interested parties to contact us as we develop this process further.
CitationMouse Phenotype Database Integration Consortium: integration [corrected] of mouse phenome data resources. 2007, 18 (3):157-63 Mamm. Genome
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Collaborative Cross and Diversity Outbred data resources in the Mouse Phenome Database.
- Authors: Bogue MA, Churchill GA, Chesler EJ
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Mouse Phenome Database: an integrative database and analysis suite for curated empirical phenotype data from laboratory mice.
- Authors: Bogue MA, Grubb SC, Walton DO, Philip VM, Kolishovski G, Stearns T, Dunn MH, Skelly DA, Kadakkuzha B, TeHennepe G, Kunde-Ramamoorthy G, Chesler EJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 4
- The Mouse Genome Database (MGD): from genes to mice--a community resource for mouse biology.
- Authors: Eppig JT, Bult CJ, Kadin JA, Richardson JE, Blake JA, Anagnostopoulos A, Baldarelli RM, Baya M, Beal JS, Bello SM, Boddy WJ, Bradt DW, Burkart DL, Butler NE, Campbell J, Cassell MA, Corbani LE, Cousins SL, Dahmen DJ, Dene H, Diehl AD, Drabkin HJ, Frazer KS, Frost P, Glass LH, Goldsmith CW, Grant PL, Lennon-Pierce M, Lewis J, Lu I, Maltais LJ, McAndrews-Hill M, McClellan L, Miers DB, Miller LA, Ni L, Ormsby JE, Qi D, Reddy TB, Reed DJ, Richards-Smith B, Shaw DR, Sinclair R, Smith CL, Szauter P, Walker MB, Walton DO, Washburn LL, Witham IT, Zhu Y, Mouse Genome Database Group.
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 1
- Mouse phenome database.
- Authors: Grubb SC, Maddatu TP, Bult CJ, Bogue MA
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Mouse Phenome Project: understanding human biology through mouse genetics and genomics.
- Authors: Bogue M
- Issue date: 2003 Oct