Exploring the chemical space of ureidothiophene-2-carboxylic acids as inhibitors of the quorum sensing enzyme PqsD from Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsSahner, J Henning
Hartmann, Rolf W
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPseudomonas aeruginosa employs a quorum sensing (QS) communication system that makes use of small diffusible molecules. Among other effects, the QS system coordinates the formation of biofilm which decisively contributes to difficulties in the therapy of Pseudomonas infections. The present work deals with the structure-activity exploration of ureidothiophene-2-carboxylic acids as inhibitors of PqsD, a key enzyme in the biosynthetic pathway of signal molecules in the Pseudomonas QS system. We describe an improvement of the inhibitory activity by successfully combining features from two different PqsD inhibitor classes. Furthermore the functional groups, which are responsible for the inhibitory potency, were identified. Moreover, the inability of the new inhibitors, to prevent signal molecule formation in whole cell assays, is discussed.
CitationExploring the chemical space of ureidothiophene-2-carboxylic acids as inhibitors of the quorum sensing enzyme PqsD from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. 2015, 96:14-21 Eur J Med Chem
AffiliationPharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Saarland University & Helmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS), Department of Drug Design and Optimization, Campus C2 3, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Combining in silico and biophysical methods for the development of Pseudomonas aeruginosa quorum sensing inhibitors: an alternative approach for structure-based drug design.
- Authors: Sahner JH, Brengel C, Storz MP, Groh M, Plaza A, Müller R, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 14
- Structure optimization of 2-benzamidobenzoic acids as PqsD inhibitors for Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections and elucidation of binding mode by SPR, STD NMR, and molecular docking.
- Authors: Weidel E, de Jong JC, Brengel C, Storz MP, Braunshausen A, Negri M, Plaza A, Steinbach A, Müller R, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 8
- Catechol-based substrates of chalcone synthase as a scaffold for novel inhibitors of PqsD.
- Authors: Allegretta G, Weidel E, Empting M, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 27
- Recent Advances in the Discovery of PqsD Inhibitors as Antimicrobial Agents.
- Authors: Zhou Z, Ma S
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 17
- Validation of PqsD as an anti-biofilm target in Pseudomonas aeruginosa by development of small-molecule inhibitors.
- Authors: Storz MP, Maurer CK, Zimmer C, Wagner N, Brengel C, de Jong JC, Lucas S, Müsken M, Häussler S, Steinbach A, Hartmann RW
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 3