Silphiperfolene-Type Terpenoids and Other Metabolites from Cultures of the Tropical Ascomycete Hypoxylon rickii (Xylariaceae).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA culture isolated from ascospores of Hypoxylon rickii, a xylariaceous ascomycete collected in Martinique, had yielded botryane, noreremophilane and abietane-type terpenoids in a preceding study, but additional metabolites were detected by extensive HPLC-MS analysis in other fractions. Herein we report the further isolation of four new sesquiterpenoids with a silphiperfol-6-ene skeleton from extracts of H. rickii. The planar structures were elucidated by NMR and HRMS data as 13-hydroxysilphiperfol-6-ene (1), 9-hydroxysilphiperfol-6-en-13-oic acid (2), 2-hydroxysilphiperfol-6-en-13-oic acid (3) and 15-hydroxysilphiperfol-6-en-13-oic acid (4). For compounds 2-4 we propose the trivial names rickinic acids A-C. Their stereochemistry was assigned by ROESY correlations as well as by the specific optical rotation. Additionally, the known compounds, botryenanol, dehydrobotrydienol, cyclo(Phe-Pro), cyclo(Pro-Leu), (+)-ramulosin and α-eleostearic acid were isolated. The antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of the new compounds are also reported.
CitationSilphiperfolene-Type Terpenoids and Other Metabolites from Cultures of the Tropical Ascomycete Hypoxylon rickii (Xylariaceae). 2015: Nat Prod Bioprospect
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstraße 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Botryane, noreudesmane and abietane terpenoids from the ascomycete Hypoxylon rickii.
- Authors: Kuhnert E, Surup F, Wiebach V, Bernecker S, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Rickenyls A-E, antioxidative terphenyls from the fungus Hypoxylon rickii (Xylariaceae, Ascomycota).
- Authors: Kuhnert E, Surup F, Herrmann J, Huch V, Müller R, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Sporothriolide derivatives as chemotaxonomic markers for Hypoxylon monticulosum.
- Authors: Surup F, Kuhnert E, Lehmann E, Heitkämper S, Hyde KD, Fournier J, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 3
- The Rickiols: 20-, 22-, and 24-membered Macrolides from the Ascomycete Hypoxylon rickii.
- Authors: Surup F, Kuhnert E, Böhm A, Pendzialek T, Solga D, Wiebach V, Engler H, Berkessel A, Stadler M, Kalesse M
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 9
- Rickicaryophyllane A, a Caryophyllane from the Ascomyceteous Fungus Hypoxylon rickii and a 10-Norbotryane Congener.
- Authors: Wiebach V, Surup F, Kuhnert E, Stadler M
- Issue date: 2016 Jul