Decrease of UPR- and ERAD-related proteins in Pichia pastoris during methanol-induced secretory insulin precursor production in controlled fed-batch cultures.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPichia pastoris is a popular yeast preferably employed for secretory protein production. Secretion is not always efficient and endoplasmic retention of proteins with aberrant folding properties, or when produced at exaggerated rates, can occur. In these cases production usually leads to an unfolded protein response (UPR) and the induction of the endoplasmic reticulum associated degradation (ERAD). P. pastoris is nowadays also an established host for secretory insulin precursor (IP) production, though little is known about the impact of IP production on the host cell physiology, in particular under industrially relevant production conditions. Here, we evaluate the cellular response to aox1 promoter-controlled, secretory IP production in controlled fed-batch processes using a proteome profiling approach.
CitationDecrease of UPR- and ERAD-related proteins in Pichia pastoris during methanol-induced secretory insulin precursor production in controlled fed-batch cultures. 2014, 13 (1):23 Microb. Cell Fact.
JournalMicrobial cell factories
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Fate of the UPR marker protein Kar2/Bip and autophagic processes in fed-batch cultures of secretory insulin precursor producing Pichia pastoris.
- Authors: Roth G, Vanz AL, Lünsdorf H, Nimtz M, Rinas U
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 9
- Physiological response of Pichia pastoris GS115 to methanol-induced high level production of the Hepatitis B surface antigen: catabolic adaptation, stress responses, and autophagic processes.
- Authors: Vanz AL, Lünsdorf H, Adnan A, Nimtz M, Gurramkonda C, Khanna N, Rinas U
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 8
- Transcriptomic Analysis of Pichia pastoris (Komagataella phaffii) GS115 During Heterologous Protein Production Using a High-Cell-Density Fed-Batch Cultivation Strategy.
- Authors: Zhang C, Ma Y, Miao H, Tang X, Xu B, Wu Q, Mu Y, Huang Z
- Issue date: 2020
- Application of simple fed-batch technique to high-level secretory production of insulin precursor using Pichia pastoris with subsequent purification and conversion to human insulin.
- Authors: Gurramkonda C, Polez S, Skoko N, Adnan A, Gäbel T, Chugh D, Swaminathan S, Khanna N, Tisminetzky S, Rinas U
- Issue date: 2010 May 12
- Effects of UPR and ERAD pathway on the prolyl endopeptidase production in Pichia pastoris by controlling of nitrogen source.
- Authors: Wang XD, Jiang T, Yu XW, Xu Y
- Issue date: 2017 Jul