Genome sequence of Phaeobacter caeruleus type strain (DSM 24564(T)), a surface-associated member of the marine Roseobacter clade.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsBeyersmann, Paul G
Goodwin, Lynne A
Detter, John C
Kyrpides, Nikos C
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2009 Phaeobacter caeruleus was described as a novel species affiliated with the marine Roseobacter clade, which, in turn, belongs to the class Alphaproteobacteria. The genus Phaeobacter is well known for members that produce various secondary metabolites. Here we report of putative quorum sensing systems, based on the finding of six N-acyl-homoserine lactone synthetases, and show that the blue color of P. caeruleus is probably due to the production of the secondary metabolite indigoidine. Therefore, P. caeruleus might have inhibitory effects on other bacteria. In this study the genome of the type strain DSM 24564(T) was sequenced, annotated and characterized. The 5,344,419 bp long genome with its seven plasmids contains 5,227 protein-coding genes (3,904 with a predicted function) and 108 RNA genes.
CitationGenome sequence of Phaeobacter caeruleus type strain (DSM 24564(T)), a surface-associated member of the marine Roseobacter clade. 2013, 8 (3):403-19 Stand Genomic Sci
JournalStandards in genomic sciences
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Genome sequence of Phaeobacter daeponensis type strain (DSM 23529(T)), a facultatively anaerobic bacterium isolated from marine sediment, and emendation of Phaeobacter daeponensis.
- Authors: Dogs M, Teshima H, Petersen J, Fiebig A, Chertkov O, Dalingault H, Chen A, Pati A, Goodwin LA, Chain P, Detter JC, Ivanova N, Lapidus A, Rohde M, Gronow S, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Simon M, Göker M, Klenk HP, Brinkhoff T
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 16
- Complete genome sequence of the Phaeobacter gallaeciensis type strain CIP 105210(T) (= DSM 26640(T) = BS107(T)).
- Authors: Frank O, Pradella S, Rohde M, Scheuner C, Klenk HP, Göker M, Petersen J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 15
- Genome sequence of Phaeobacter inhibens type strain (T5(T)), a secondary metabolite producing representative of the marine Roseobacter clade, and emendation of the species description of Phaeobacter inhibens.
- Authors: Dogs M, Voget S, Teshima H, Petersen J, Davenport K, Dalingault H, Chen A, Pati A, Ivanova N, Goodwin LA, Chain P, Detter JC, Standfest S, Rohde M, Gronow S, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Simon M, Klenk HP, Göker M, Brinkhoff T
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 20
- Genome sequence of the Leisingera aquimarina type strain (DSM 24565(T)), a member of the marine Roseobacter clade rich in extrachromosomal elements.
- Authors: Riedel T, Teshima H, Petersen J, Fiebig A, Davenport K, Daligault H, Erkkila T, Gu W, Munk C, Xu Y, Chen A, Pati A, Ivanova N, Goodwin LA, Chain P, Detter JC, Rohde M, Gronow S, Kyrpides NC, Woyke T, Göker M, Brinkhoff T, Klenk HP
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 30
- Production of the antimicrobial secondary metabolite indigoidine contributes to competitive surface colonization by the marine roseobacter Phaeobacter sp. strain Y4I.
- Authors: Cude WN, Mooney J, Tavanaei AA, Hadden MK, Frank AM, Gulvik CA, May AL, Buchan A
- Issue date: 2012 Jul