Complete genome sequence of producer of the glycopeptide antibiotic Aculeximycin Kutzneria albida DSM 43870T, a representative of minor genus of Pseudonocardiaceae.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Luzhetskyy, Andriy N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractKutzneria is a representative of a rarely observed genus of the family Pseudonocardiaceae. Kutzneria species were initially placed in the Streptosporangiaceae genus and later reconsidered to be an independent genus of the Pseudonocardiaceae. Kutzneria albida is one of the eight known members of the genus. This strain is a unique producer of the glycosylated polyole macrolide aculeximycin which is active against both bacteria and fungi. Kutzneria albida genome sequencing and analysis allow a deeper understanding of evolution of this genus of Pseudonocardiaceae, provide new insight in the phylogeny of the genus, as well as decipher the hidden secondary metabolic potential of these rare actinobacteria.
CitationComplete genome sequence of producer of the glycopeptide antibiotic Aculeximycin Kutzneria albida DSM 43870T, a representative of minor genus of Pseudonocardiaceae. 2014, 15:885 BMC Genomics
AffiliationHelmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS);Saarland University, Building A4.1, 66123 Saarbruecken, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Complete genome sequence of Saccharothrix espanaensis DSM 44229(T) and comparison to the other completely sequenced Pseudonocardiaceae.
- Authors: Strobel T, Al-Dilaimi A, Blom J, Gessner A, Kalinowski J, Luzhetska M, Pühler A, Szczepanowski R, Bechthold A, Rückert C
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 9
- Comparative genomics reveals phylogenetic distribution patterns of secondary metabolites in Amycolatopsis species.
- Authors: Adamek M, Alanjary M, Sales-Ortells H, Goodfellow M, Bull AT, Winkler A, Wibberg D, Kalinowski J, Ziemert N
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 1
- The complete genome sequence of the acarbose producer Actinoplanes sp. SE50/110.
- Authors: Schwientek P, Szczepanowski R, Rückert C, Kalinowski J, Klein A, Selber K, Wehmeier UF, Stoye J, Pühler A
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 23
- Complete genome sequence of Amycolatopsis orientalis CPCC200066, the producer of norvancomycin.
- Authors: Lei X, Zhang C, Jiang Z, Li X, Shi Y, Liu M, Xie Y, Wang L, Hong B
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 10
- Complete genome sequence of the rifamycin SV-producing Amycolatopsis mediterranei U32 revealed its genetic characteristics in phylogeny and metabolism.
- Authors: Zhao W, Zhong Y, Yuan H, Wang J, Zheng H, Wang Y, Cen X, Xu F, Bai J, Han X, Lu G, Zhu Y, Shao Z, Yan H, Li C, Peng N, Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Lin W, Fan Y, Qin Z, Hu Y, Zhu B, Wang S, Ding X, Zhao GP
- Issue date: 2010 Oct