A feasibility trial to examine the social norms approach for the prevention and reduction of licit and illicit drug use in European University and college students.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsPischke, Claudia R
van Hal, Guido
Bewick, Bridgette M
Helmer, Stefanie M
Mikolajczyk, Rafael T
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncorrect perceptions of high rates of peer alcohol and tobacco use are predictive of increased personal use in student populations. Correcting misperceptions by providing feedback has been shown to be an effective intervention for reducing licit drug use. It is currently unknown if social norms interventions are effective in preventing and reducing illicit drug use in European students. The purpose of this paper is to describe the design of a multi-site cluster controlled trial of a web-based social norms intervention aimed at reducing licit and preventing illicit drug use in European university students.
CitationA feasibility trial to examine the social norms approach for the prevention and reduction of licit and illicit drug use in European University and college students. 2012, 12:882 BMC Public Health
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research, Inhoffenstr. 7, D-38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
JournalBMC public health
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Development and evaluation of the efficacy of a web-based 'social norms'-intervention for the prevention and reduction of substance use in a cluster-controlled trial conducted at eight German universities.
- Authors: Helmer SM, Muellmann S, Zeeb H, Pischke CR
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 11
- Effects of a Brief Web-Based "Social Norms"-Intervention on Alcohol, Tobacco and Cannabis Use Among German University Students: Results of a Cluster-Controlled Trial Conducted at Eight Universities.
- Authors: Pischke CR, Helmer SM, Pohlabeln H, Muellmann S, Schneider S, Reintjes R, Schmidt-Pokrzywniak A, Girbig M, Krämer A, Icks A, Walter U, Zeeb H
- Issue date: 2021
- The GOOD life: Study protocol for a social norms intervention to reduce alcohol and other drug use among Danish adolescents.
- Authors: Stock C, Vallentin-Holbech L, Rasmussen BM
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 3
- Licit and illicit substance use patterns among university students in Germany using cluster analysis.
- Authors: Schilling L, Zeeb H, Pischke C, Helmer S, Schmidt-Pokrzywniak A, Reintjes R, Walter U, Girbig M, Krämer A, Icks A, Schneider S
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 23
- An exploratory cluster randomised trial of a university halls of residence based social norms intervention in Wales, UK.
- Authors: Murphy S, Moore G, Williams A, Moore L
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 13