Influenza H3N2 infection of the collaborative cross founder strains reveals highly divergent host responses and identifies a unique phenotype in CAST/EiJ mice.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsLeist, Sarah R
van den Brand, Judith M A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInfluenza A virus is a zoonotic pathogen that poses a major threat to human and animal health. The severe course of influenza infection is not only influenced by viral virulence factors but also by individual differences in the host response. To determine the extent to which the genetic background can modulate severity of an infection, we studied the host responses to influenza infections in the eight genetically highly diverse Collaborative Cross (CC) founder mouse strains.
CitationInfluenza H3N2 infection of the collaborative cross founder strains reveals highly divergent host responses and identifies a unique phenotype in CAST/EiJ mice. 2016, 17 (1):143 BMC Genomics
AffiliationHelmholtz Centre for infection research (HZI), Inhoffenstraße 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- A comprehensive and comparative phenotypic analysis of the collaborative founder strains identifies new and known phenotypes.
- Authors: Kollmus H, Fuchs H, Lengger C, Haselimashhadi H, Bogue MA, Östereicher MA, Horsch M, Adler T, Aguilar-Pimentel JA, Amarie OV, Becker L, Beckers J, Calzada-Wack J, Garrett L, Hans W, Hölter SM, Klein-Rodewald T, Maier H, Mayer-Kuckuk P, Miller G, Moreth K, Neff F, Rathkolb B, Rácz I, Rozman J, Spielmann N, Treise I, Busch D, Graw J, Klopstock T, Wolf E, Wurst W, Yildirim AÖ, Mason J, Torres A, Mouse Phenome Database Team., Balling R, Mehaan T, Gailus-Durner V, Schughart K, Hrabě de Angelis M
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- The Collaborative Cross mouse model for dissecting genetic susceptibility to infectious diseases.
- Authors: Abu Toamih Atamni H, Nashef A, Iraqi FA
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- The Founder Strains of the Collaborative Cross Express a Complex Combination of Advantageous and Deleterious Traits for Male Reproduction.
- Authors: Odet F, Pan W, Bell TA, Goodson SG, Stevans AM, Yun Z, Aylor DL, Kao CY, McMillan L, de Villena FP, O'Brien DA
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 19
- RNAseq expression analysis of resistant and susceptible mice after influenza A virus infection identifies novel genes associated with virus replication and important for host resistance to infection.
- Authors: Wilk E, Pandey AK, Leist SR, Hatesuer B, Preusse M, Pommerenke C, Wang J, Schughart K
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 2
- Oas1b-dependent Immune Transcriptional Profiles of West Nile Virus Infection in the Collaborative Cross.
- Authors: Green R, Wilkins C, Thomas S, Sekine A, Hendrick DM, Voss K, Ireton RC, Mooney M, Go JT, Choonoo G, Jeng S, de Villena FP, Ferris MT, McWeeney S, Gale M Jr
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 7